The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading construction products manufacturer and community developer. The original member of Atlantic Canada's Shaw Group of companies, Shaw Brick was established in 1861 as a small clay and tile manufacturer. Today Shaw Brick carries an extensive line of quality brick and concrete landscaping products. With retail centers in Dartmouth, Sydney, Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton our teams are dedicated to selling our quality products with a professional, service oriented approach.
We are currently recruiting a Yard Associate out of our retail center in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
The Yard Associate will be responsible for:
- Safety in the yard, including safe conduct by all customers and staff.
- Loading and unloading of trucks both by hand and using the forklift.
- Maintaining the yard in a neat and organized fashion.
- We are looking for candidates who like to be kept busy, enjoy working in a team environment and take pleasure in serving customers.
- Other qualifications, skills and abilities that we are seeking include:
- Grade XII or equivalent; training or experience in customer service will be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in and around tight spaces; training and experience an asset.
- A commitment to workplace safety for fellow employees and customers.
- Ability to handle heavy merchandise, and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Trustworthy with the ability to handle paperwork accurately
- Customer service oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Starting wage is negotiable
Why work for our Shaw Brick team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Woman, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
Founded in 1861, Shaw Brick is a leading manufacturer, distributor and retailer of high-quality clay brick, concrete block and natural stone products for the landscaping and building sectors in Atlantic Canada. Shaw Brick has continued to refine and grow its selection of products and is continually increasing their distribution of other products to include wall coverings such as metal, ceramic and fiber cement as examples.
The original clay brick we began manufacturing in Lantz, Nova Scotia 160 years ago were the building blocks of a company that would go on to become a local household name and change the landscape of Atlantic Canada. Today, Shaw Brick continues to manufacture brick, and over the years has added new products to enhance the beauty of homes, yards, and entire communities with high quality, sustainable, locally made and affordable products.