Division: Shaw Resources
Location: Belledune, NB
The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We are looking to fill the position of a Truck Driver on our Shaw Resources team in Belledune, New Brunswick. This is an important role in providing the mill with the desired amount of raw material, as well as delivery of the finished product to storage.
As an integral part of our Operations Team you will:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the trucks, truck maintenance, receiving of raw material from Chaleur Sawmill, and delivery of pellets to the Port of Belledune. (Local Drive)
- Take samples, temperature readings, and reporting any non-conformity back to the plant;
- Material deliveries, pre-trip inspection of your equipment, cleaning and maintaining of all the machinery;
- When delivery quotas are reached and when not driving, you will perform other duties as directed by the Production Supervisor or the Plant Manager, including assisting the Operating Teams with plant maintenance and repairs;
- Learn and become comfortable in the position of loader operator for required time of replacement/relief;
- Follow standard operating procedures as well as Shaw Resources Policies and Procedures as they may pertain to safety and working efficiencies;
- Provide customer service and build/maintain customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Participate in the safety culture within the plant in all actions and instructions;
- Participate in safety training with other plant personnel, including record keeping and near miss reporting;
- Measure critical safety metrics on a monthly basis, identify potential issues and take appropriate actions;
- Actively Participate in Tool Box meetings with their crew;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Class 1E Driver's License (Required).
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent (Required).
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered an asset.
- Physical able to fulfill requirements of the position.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintains a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Previous experience in a safety sensitive environment and must be safety orientated.
Shift work and/or periodic overtime may be required. You must be able to work in hot/cold environments and be physically capable of performing manual tasks safely
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belledune, NB E8G 2E3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person