Are you available for work? Are you reliable and hardworking with a focus on safety and quality? We are looking for both permanent full-time and temporary full-time summer students/seasonal production workers to support our Hot Chocolate Production Team. We currently have day and night-shift positions available. Regular hours for this 12-hour shift schedule are 7 to 7, working a 2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off shift schedule, with every second weekend off. (Roles will run from mid-May to mid-late August for summer students and possibly September/early October for seasonal employees.)
Please note - As part of our food safety and hiring practices, an acceptable criminal background check and proof of both COVID-19 vaccinations (1st and 2nd shots), or a valid written medical exemption, are required as part of any employment offer.
What you'll do
RESPONSIBILITIES - Depending on your role, you will help in a variety of ways:
- Daily pre-op inspections, reporting and correcting any deviations
- Completing basic equipment start-up, operating and shutdown procedures on assigned production lines
- Visual inspections of product and packaging, including collection of required QA samples
- Making and packing boxes, placing finished products into master cartons
- Loading boxes onto pallets and assisting on the production lines
- Cleaning and sanitizing activities during changeovers and at end of the day/week
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues, and working with the Team Lead and/or maintenance team as required to ensure minimal downtime
- Strictly adhering to all GMPs, SOPs and safety procedures, including daily cleaning and sanitizing activities
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives as required
- Tracking production results and providing required shift reports in a timely manner
- And other similar duties as may be assigned
What you'll need
QUALIFICATIONS - The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good attendance record, positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented and safe environment
- Must be comfortable working a 12-hour shift and performing repetitive tasks
- Physical ability to bend, stand, stretch and lift up to 44 pounds
- High attention to detail, quality and safety of work
- Basic math and computer skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to read and write in English
- Experience in food preparation, food safety, or a manufacturing environment is an asset
- CSA approved steel-toed, slip-resistant safety shoes or boots are required
A little bit about us
Crosby Molasses Company
Crosby's Molasses Company is a family-owned and operated business that has been successfully producing quality food products for over 140 years. Crosby's has a very strong commitment to quality and to our employees, who are a key reason for our success. While molasses continues to be the mainstay of our business, Crosby's has an ever-expanding line of dry sugars, syrups, drink crystals and jelly powders, with distribution in Canada, the New England states, and other international locations.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer a safe and friendly work environment and a starting base wage of $14/hr if little to no related work experience, plus a $0.50/hr 12-hr shift premium and a $1.00/hr night shift premium, if working a night shift. For permanent full-time positions, we offer health and dental benefits, a pension plan and salary increases and bonuses in line with our company and employee performance management processes, as well as opportunities to learn and grow. Based on continued favourable performance, employees will be eligible for up to a $0.50/hr base pay increase every six months until they reach a base wage of $17/hr. Once at $17/hr, they will transition to the Company's annual merit review process.
To apply, please submit your resume AND a brief note/cover letter describing why you're interested, and the skills and work experience you feel make you a good fit for a production role. Please ensure your resume includes your phone number and email address and indicate if you are applying for a summer student/seasonal production role or a permanent production role.
Note: We know applying for a new role takes a lot of effort and we sincerely value your time and your interest in Crosby Molasses. We're looking forward to reading the applications. We thank all applicants, though only those selected for an interview will be contacted.