Position: Web Portal Analyst (NSGEU Local 79) (18 Month Maternity Leave Contract)
Department: Information Technology Systems & Support (ITSS)
Annual Salary: $50,572 - $61,814 (Group 9)
Under the supervision of the Manager, Application Support, the Web Portal Analyst provides support and maintenance for SMUport, internet, authentication, proxy and load balancing solutions. The Web Portal Analyst develops and recommends plans for University portal applications, designs custom portal applications and designs interfaces for application integration with other university information systems. This role also analyses current information systems and recommends changes to systems, monitors system performance, identifies immediate problems and takes corrective actions.
What you'll do
As the Web Portal Analyst duties include, but are not limited to:
- Defining requirements for portal and authentication enhancements based on University feedback.
- Analyzing benefits and impact of enhancements, developing project plans and submitting plans for stakeholder approval.
- Developing approved enhancements using established software development tools and planning and coordinating testing and implementation.
- Keeping current with development in the portal and authentication systems and applications area.
- Investigating new and emerging applications, programming languages, tools and development environments.
- Monitoring performance of Saint Mary's University SSO/CAS environment; reporting trends, identifying long term issue and making recommendations for improvements.
- Critiquing applications plans, designs and proposals from external vendors.
- Monitoring system performance, analyzing trends, identifying problems and taking corrective action as required.
- Updating channel content, posting campus announcements, approving SMUport group requests, enabling login access for website authentication.
- Resolving unusual applications issues; troubleshooting recurrent, complex system problems not handled by standard methods; recommending changes to systems, processes or procedures to solve difficult problems.
- Working with external vendors on resolving application issues and troubleshooting system problems that cannot be resolved in-house.
- Communicating with the Help Desk and/or end users to identify and resolve issues as required; working with end users to communicate and coordinate implementation of operational and systems changes.
- Reporting on assigned projects (oral/written); anticipating problems in the project and developing alternatives and recommending solutions.
- · Keeping current on upcoming developments in enterprise portal and authentication software by reading product documentation, participating in user groups and forums.
- Researching emerging technologies and their possible impact on the University portal strategy and reporting findings to ITSS management.
- Collaborating on projects involving different teams within ITSS and/or other departments.
- Providing guidance and advice to University community as required.
- Documenting and demonstrating new features/applications; providing end user training as required.
What you'll need
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: September 12, 2019 Competition Closes: September 22, 2019
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus