Under the authority of the Technical Publications and Proposal Manager, the Web Developer plays a key role in designing and developing web-based outputs for delivery to the customer and end-user. You will work closely with the Technical Publications team to produce Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMS).
What you'll do
• Create and maintain web based IETMs
• Execute XML transformations
• Troubleshoot web based IETMs
• Support technical publications, CMS, IETM output, and relating software by utilizing problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Collaborate to create strategic initiatives to design, code, and test software used to create IETMs and deliverables
• Configure and track user environments for technical publication related software
• Update and support in various formats that allows clients to easily access IETM content via a graphical user interface
What you'll need
• Diploma or certification in Web Application Development or equivalent
• Minimum of 2-3 years' experience as a Web App Developer or Internet Solutions Developer
• Knowledgeable in XML transformation
• Proficiency in development processes and tools such as MadCap Flare or similar programs
• Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (ITEMs) is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Technical Publications Standards (AG-006 and S1000D) is considered an asset
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple initiatives and deadlines
• Proficient computer skills including in O365 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.