The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We are seeking a Full-time, Wash Plant Operator for our NSSG Aggregate division in Hardwood Lands, Nova Scotia. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently under minimal supervision and safety focused mindset.
Participating in all aspects of operation of the Wash Plant, including:
- Operating in a safety focused mindset
- Operation of Wash Plant after proper training
- Quality control of product
- Communicating with other team members
- Reporting to the plant supervisor on any issues regarding quality, safety, maintenance, and production.
- Carrying out facility maintenance requirements as directed from the supervisor.
- Maintaining all levels of communication, such as production, log books, and verbal communication.
- Required to maintain a clean work environment "everything has a place and everything in its place".
- Safe and efficient operation of the front end loaders as needed.
- Other duties, as may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Commitment to a safe work culture.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership when required.
- Mechanical aptitude & experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the safe and efficient operation of a front end loader considered an asset
- Class 1 license will be considered an asset
- First Aid Training will be considered an asset
Overtime will be required. You must be able to work in hot/cold environments and be physically capable of performing manual tasks safely.
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Woman, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.