Atlantic Purification Systems Ltd., in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia has an immediate, full-time opening in our warehouse for an energetic and detail-oriented individual. This position involves day-to-day warehouse and shipper/receiver duties, as well as some minor building maintenance/seasonal tasks.
- Safely and efficiently loading and offloading trailers,
- Checking deliveries for damage and accuracy,
- Handling, stacking and un-stacking inventory (some heavy lifting will be required),
- Assess shipments for shortages, loss/damage, etc.
Preparing orders for shipment by courier, transport or customer pick-up:
- Picking stock to fill orders with attention to detail to ensure accuracy,
- Packaging of items to ensure safe transport,
- Completing shipping waybills and manifests,
- Creating dangerous goods paperwork for shipments as required,
- Occasional pick-ups or deliveries as required,
- Contacting customers when shipments are ready for pick-up.
General warehouse duties:
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Monitor main point of entry
- Assist customers with pick-up of orders
- Advise appropriate staff when guests arrive for meetings, etc.
Daily garbage pick-up from throughout the building.
Occasional local pick-ups/deliveries.
Light building maintenance / various seasonal duties as required.
- i.e. shoveling doorways, spreading salt/sand, yardwork, etc.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Safe and efficient use of a forklift, pallet jack, etc.
- Driver's license (clean driving abstract);
- Reliable, dedicated & punctual;
- Attention to detail while working in repetitive situations;
- Able to work well with minimal supervision or as part of a team;
- Polite and courteous manner when dealing with customer pick-ups;
- Basic computer skills.
Current or Previous Training in the following would be assets to this position:
- Forklift Safety
- Transport of Dangerous Goods
- First Aid
- Supervisor reference from previous employer.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Atlantic Purification Systems Ltd. (APS)
Atlantic Purification Systems Ltd. is a family owned sales and service business, situated in Dartmouth, NS, that has been successfully serving the municipal, industrial and commercial markets in Atlantic Canada since 1970. APS works with consultants, contractors, municipalities and industry to provide and support state-of-the-art equipment solutions for water and wastewater treatment, water quality analysis and testing, pumping and fluid handling, compressed air and painting & sandblasting. APS is also one of the primary distributors in Atlantic Canada of wholesale equipment to contractors and service companies involved in residential and commercial water conditioning. For more information visit APS at www.aps.ns.ca