The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading construction products manufacturer and community developer. The original member of Atlantic Canada's Shaw Group of companies, Shaw Brick was established in 1861 as a small clay and tile manufacturer. Today Shaw Brick carries an extensive line of quality brick and concrete landscaping products. With retail centers in Dartmouth, Sydney, Moncton, Saint John, and Fredericton our teams are dedicated to selling our quality products with a professional, service-oriented approach.
We are currently recruiting a Warehouse supervisor for our retail center in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the warehouse.
- Maintaining the warehouse in a neat and organized fashion.
- Establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues.
- Assisting staff in daily tasks, as well as training and coaching workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Co-ordinate, assign, participate and review the work of warehouse staff engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing, and maintaining inventories of materials, parts, and products.
- Coordinating warehouse staff to meet shipping and receiving deadlines.
- Prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments.
- Requisition supplies and materials.
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
- Safe operation of a forklift.
- Safety in the warehouse, including safe conduct by all customers and staff.
- Loading and unloading of trucks both by hand and using the forklift.
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We are looking for a candidates who likes to be kept busy, enjoy working in a team environment and takes pleasure in serving customers.
Other qualifications, skills and abilities that we are seeking include:
- Previous warehouse experience required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role considered an asset.
- Grade XII or equivalent; training or experience in customer service will be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in and around tight spaces; training and experience an asset.
- A commitment to workplace safety for fellow employees and customers.
- Ability to handle heavy merchandise, and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work variable hours to cover hours of operation, our hours of operation are 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturdays. Hours and Shift may vary 40 to 48 hours per week.
- Trustworthy with the ability to handle paperwork accurately.
- Customer service oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Why work for our Shaw Brick team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B3B 1B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
Founded in 1861, Shaw Brick is a leading manufacturer, distributor and retailer of high-quality clay brick, concrete block and natural stone products for the landscaping and building sectors in Atlantic Canada. Shaw Brick has continued to refine and grow its selection of products and is continually increasing their distribution of other products to include wall coverings such as metal, ceramic and fiber cement as examples.
The original clay brick we began manufacturing in Lantz, Nova Scotia 160 years ago were the building blocks of a company that would go on to become a local household name and change the landscape of Atlantic Canada. Today, Shaw Brick continues to manufacture brick, and over the years has added new products to enhance the beauty of homes, yards, and entire communities with high quality, sustainable, locally made and affordable products.