There's no better place to work during the summer! Ambassatours Gray Line is one of Canada's premier sightseeing tour companies. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the company has operated land and water tours for over 30 years in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. As an elite Gray Line provider, Ambassatours creates and delivers memorable, world caliber traveler experiences in its many destinations.
Halifax's busiest and most dynamic waterfront attraction is seeking engaging and hardworking individuals to join the food & beverage team on our fleet of excursion vessels. These vessels include the Silva (150 passenger), the Harbour Queen (200 passenger) and the Kawartha Spirit (200 passenger). Come join us and help showcase what our crew, vessels and city have to offer. This role reports to the Food & Beverage Manager/Duty Manager.
Employee wears company branded apparel exclusively. Black or khaki-colored pants, skort or shorts. Non-slip black shoes.
Full time and part time positions available. Irregular hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Operations May - October.
What you'll do
- Assist in pre-season vessel set up including stocking, labelling and storage organization
- Support pre-season and in-season training and onboarding modules
- Attend weekly private event meetings
- Attend weekly check-ins with Food & Beverage Manager
- Check-in with Food & Beverage Manager (or daytime Supervisor) upon arrival daily
- Liaise with Captain, First Mate & security prior to each event
- Coordinate short event briefings with the Captain for all boat staff each day
- Instill positive team attitude and lead by example
- Settle customer complaints and notify Captain if necessary
- Greet private event clients and provide drink tickets when applicable
- Ensure vessels are set according to event instructions 30 minutes prior to departure time table settings, décor, seating charts, satellite bars
- Unlock liquor cabinets and bar fridges
- Ensure bar fridges are stocked with appropriate beverages for the cruise
- Fill spray bottles, cloths, napkins, stock any necessary items for service
- Check menus to make sure they are current and unsoiled
- Update beverage menu boards
- Oversee cash out process following each event and organize slips in a neat manner
- Ensure no tabs are left open at the end of each event and that bills are accurately closed on POS reflecting guest payment
- Provide completed cash outs to the Duty Manager
- Complete nightly supervisor report to submit to Food & Beverage Manager
What you'll need
- High school diploma
- Supervisory experience in a fast paced, quick serve environment (minimum 1 year)
- Bartending or serving experience (minimum 2 years)
- Customer service experience (minimum 3 years)
- Ability to process and understand day to day cash functions and payments
- Above average understanding of food and beverage handling procedures
- First Aid considered an asset
- Ability to communicate in other languages considered an asset
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Consistent punctuality and attendance
- Competent in reading, writing, and math skills to control and process payments
- Adaptable and able to maintain composure in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Complies with regulations, policies, and procedures
- Able to provide coaching and leadership
- Effective communication of issues and questions with management
- Highly developed social skills for engaging guests and working alongside others with ease and confidence
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Ambassatours Gray Line Ltd.
Ambassatours is the top provider of shore excursions for the cruise lines arriving seasonally in the port of Halifax. We offer a wide variety of tour guiding opportunities in many entertaining and interesting tours including Hop On Hop Off sightseeing tours aboard vintage British double decker buses, coach, walking and hiking tours.
Ambassatours Gray Line is proud to be both Rainbow Registered and Certified as an Age Friendly employer, committed to providing our employees a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Ambassatours Gray Line is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of employment equity for all applicants and employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ambassatours are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of age, race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, or any other of the protected characteristics as per the Human Rights act of Nova Scotia. Ambassatours will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.