Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada's leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region's intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,800 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that's celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
The Department of Psychiatry is a clinical academic department within the Faculty of Medicine. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, Psychiatry, the Undergraduate Education Coordinator will be responsible for providing administration support and for the administration and coordination of the Department of Psychiatry's undergraduate Medical Doctor program.
- Act as primary contact and resource for various internal and external stakeholders (undergraduate medical students, faculty, staff, department head, UGME office/ Associate Dean, Nova Scotia Health Authority, etc.) regarding the undergraduate medical education program. Provide administrative support to the Clerkship Director, Undergraduate Director, and Director of Education.
- Coordinate the annual recruitment of faculty based on UGME requirements managing the recruitment process and departmental teaching commitments.
- Clerically coordinate all undergraduate activities from Med I - Med 4 which includes the scheduling of the undergraduate orientation, clinical rotation assignments (internal and external to HRM), classroom teaching sessions, seminars, on-call rosters, ECT rosters, elective requests, etc.
- Coordinate clerkship evaluation process to evaluate students, faculty supervisor, residents, rotations and seminars. Prepare and collate annual evaluation reports for the department head and appropriate directors.
- Manage all aspects of the psychiatric clinical interviewing session of both the Skilled Clinician unit and the International Medical University (IMU) Link program.
- Coordinate the recruitment of sufficient and appropriate volunteer patients from inpatient and outpatient clinics as well as simulated patients for various teaching activities.
Qualifications: Business/Office Administrative diploma plus five years' related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher) required. Knowledge of One45, Brightspace and SharePoint would be considered strong assets. Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational skills and attention to detail are essential; ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines is required. Experience in videoconferencing, database systems and online learning software would be an asset.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by July 22, 2018 to competition N77-18055.
Salary Range: $23.57 - $28.74 per hour (32.5 hours per week, $39,827 - $48,570 annually). (C-6).
This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months.
This position is part of the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union Local 77 (NSGEU).
Bargaining unit employees for NSGEU local 77 are given first consideration and will be notified regarding the status of their application. All other applicants will be considered when there is no qualified internal candidate. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
A little bit about us
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,500 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that’s celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.