The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary's University invites applications for two tenure-track positions in Management Science at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The anticipated starting date is July 1, 2020.
What you'll need
- Candidate should have a Ph.D. or ABD in one of Operations Management, Management Science, Health Care Analytics, or related areas.
- Preferred Specializations: The first priority is Data Analytics (with application in key functional areas such as supply chain management, health systems, sustainability management, service management, and retail management). Specializations in other areas may be considered.
- Ability and willingness to teach in at least two of core subject areas offered by the Management Science Group in the Undergraduate and Graduate Programs (Data Analytics, Management Science, and Operations Management).
- Openness to innovation in pedagogical approaches (active learning, problem-based learning, case method, use of technology, blended learning, flipped classroom, ….).
- Potential to add value to one or several of the graduate programs offered by the Sobey School of Business, ( (a) the MBA Program, (b) the Executive MBA Program, (c) the Masters of Finance, and (d) the Masters in Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation) and contribute to the development of new programs.
- Ability to build research and education connections with other areas (disciplines, programs, departments) of the Sobey School of Business and of Saint Mary's University.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Saint Mary's, a public university with over 7,000 students, offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees. The University is committed to serving the local, regional, national and international communities, and integrating such activity into a vibrant learning environment for undergraduate and graduate students. The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary's University offers a balanced research/teaching environment for faculty. It has the largest business program in the Atlantic Provinces with over 3,000 students and offers AACSB-accredited degrees at the undergraduate, master's and PhD levels. The Sobey School is located in a modern facility, providing classrooms with state-of-the-art technology. Excellent database resources are available for research, with access to Compustat - Capital IQ, CRSP, and TRACE, among others on WRDS platform. In addition, faculty at Sobey School has access to Bloomberg terminals. The Department of Finance, Information Systems and Management Science consists of 26 full-time faculty members, 13 in the Finance area. Academic calendars with program and course information are available at https://smu.ca/academics/calendar.
Saint Mary's University is located in the historic port city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, a vibrant, urban community of over 400,000. Halifax is a major educational center for Atlantic Canada and is home to five universities. It is located close to recreational areas and to other major urban centers in Canada and the Northeastern United States. For information about the University and the Sobey School of Business, please visit our website at http://www.sobey.smu.ca.
Although candidates of all nationalities are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Saint Mary's University is committed to principles of employment equity. In accordance with our collective agreement, we are dedicated to the objective of equal opportunities through positive action, and to improving possibilities for the employment of women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities in the university community. We therefore strongly encourage applications from qualified women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.
Apply online for this opportunity submitting all application material electronically through CareerBeacon. Select the position of interest and click on "Apply Online Now". Only electronic applications submitted through CareerBeacon can be accepted. Applications for the position should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcripts of academic work, recent working papers or publications, teaching evaluations (if available), and the name and contact information of three referees. Note that due to size constraints, you may need to provide a link to your academic papers rather than the actual files.
Applications for this position should include an electronic letter of interest, curriculum vitae, recent working papers or publications, teaching evaluations (if available), and the name and contact information for three references. Note that due to size constraints, you may need to provide a link to your academic papers rather than the actual files.
Review of applications will begin October 21, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Project Manager (1 Year Contract)
Halifax, NS, CA
Administrative Support - Graduate Career Services (Casual Position)
Halifax, NS, CA
Institutional Researcher (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA
Manager, Projects & Facility Planning (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA
Executive Assistant to the President (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA