The Manager of Learning and Development is responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing training and development programs for employees within the travel agency. Reporting to the Director of Travel & Retail and working closely with the travel leadership team and national contacts, this role aims to enhance employee skills, foster a culture of continuous learning, and ultimately improve the agency's overall performance and service quality for a sustainable future.
What you'll do
What you'll be doing on the job:
1. Training Program Design: Develop and customize training programs tailored to the specific needs of different departments, including sales, customer service, and travel planning.
2. Content Development: Create training materials, resources, and e-learning modules to support various learning initiatives.
3. Training Delivery: Conduct training sessions, workshops, and seminars either in-person or virtually, ensuring that employees acquire the necessary knowledge and skills.
4. Performance Assessment: Develop and implement methods for evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and employee development.
5. New Employee Onboarding: Design and manage onboarding programs to help new hires quickly adapt to the company's culture and procedures.
6. Skills Enhancement: Identify skill gaps among employees and design targeted training interventions to address these gaps.
7. Quality Assurance: Ensure that employees are aware of and adhere to industry regulations and company policies through compliance training programs.
8. Learning Technology: Stay updated with learning technologies and tools and incorporate them into training programs when applicable.
9. Budget Management: Develop and manage the training department's budget, including cost-effective utilization of resources.
10. Reporting: Provide regular reports on training effectiveness and employee development progress to management.
11. Employee Development Plans: Collaborate with department heads and supervisors to create individual development plans for employees, aligning them with career goals and company objectives.
What you'll need
What has made you who you are:
· 3+ years related field experience as a trainer or educator.
· Proven experience in instructional design, training delivery, and employee development, preferably in the travel industry.
· Strong knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning platforms.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Certification in training and development an asset.
· Collaborative mindset
· Bilingualism considered an asset.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
What started out as a club for automobile enthusiasts, has grown into the preferred choice for more and more customers in Atlantic Canada. CAA Atlantic is now focused on being the leader in innovative and cutting-edge technologies driving our members forward, creating a culture of convenience and trust on all of life's journeys. With a successful history spanning over 75+ years, CAA Atlantic is a leading provider of roadside assistance, travel, and insurance services. At CAA Atlantic, we are dedicated to promoting safety, convenience, and peace of mind for all travelers. As a member of our dynamic and innovative organization, you will have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of our members and contribute to the growth and success of our company.
Why Work With Us:
- Challenging work with an amazing team
- Strong commitment to the community and giving back (more than $50K in charitable giving to the IWK Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Atlantic and the Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation in 2022, in addition to many more)
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous paid time off based on professional experience
- Paid volunteering
- Telemedicine - provides you with 24/7 direct access to medical care and wellness services by phone or video chat
- Health and Safety of employees is the number one priority
- Complimentary Premier CAA Membership
- An in-house gym facility and/or corporate gym rate and partial reimbursement
- An innovative and dynamic work environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Our Vision: To be the most trusted and sustainable Member organization in Atlantic Canada.
Our Mission: To make a difference every day by anticipating, understanding, and exceeding the expectations of our Members
Our Core Values
- WE WILL BE BOLD We embrace change and encourage bold decisions to be made in pursuit of delivering positive impact and innovative solutions for our Members and our community.
- WE DO WHAT WE SAY Our Members and our Community know they can trust us to be there when we say we will, to provide the safety and security they can count on and deliver the great service they’ve come to expect. Our word is our bond.
- WE THINK DIFFERENTLY We create a culture built on being curious, embracing new ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, which expands our thinking and leads to creative solutions.
- WE DO THE RIGHT THING We commit to operating in the best interest of others, upholding integrity and being transparent in our actions and decision making.
Diversity and inclusion at CAA Atlantic
As a member-driven organization, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. It is important to us that every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and we recognize that diverse perspectives enhance our collective innovation, creativity and allow us to provide amazing service to our Members.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process (on a confidential basis). All postings available in alternate formats upon request.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
CAA offers you:
• Challenging work with an amazing team
• Strong commitment to the community and giving back (more than $50K in charitable giving to the IWK Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Atlantic and the Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation in 2022, in addition to many more)
• Industry leading compensation
• Generous paid time off based on professional experience.
• Company pension plan
• Paid volunteering.
• Exceptional benefits package including:
• industry-leading $1,500 a year for mental health
• Fertility coverage
• Vaccine coverage e.g. Twinrix, Shingrix
• Orthodontics for adults and children
• Telemedicine - provides you with 24/7 direct access to medical care and wellness services by phone or video chat.
• Health and Safety of employees is the number one priority.
• Complimentary Premier CAA Membership
• Corporate gym rate and partial reimbursement
• An innovative and dynamic work environment
• Ongoing learning and development opportunities including annual Fam allowance.