The Shaw Group Limited is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and land developers, employing approximately 600 people and producing nearly 1,000 individual products. With a rich 160-year history, the company has a reputation for reliable products, strong leadership, and innovation.
We are currently looking for a Transport Coordinator to work in our Lantz, NS Head Office. This will be a cross-functional role responsible for supporting outside carriers along with administration, safety and compliance for our own trucks. The successful candidate will be customer service focused and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Coordinate outside transportation
- Work with Dispatch, Customer Service and Procurement to coordinate inbound and outbound transportation via outside carriers.
- Build and maintain relationships with transportation partners. Develop expertise in local and long-distance carriers and their capabilities.
- Manage transactions including purchase order requisition and payment.
- Create and aintain reporting on transportation activity, revenue and cost.
- Become the expert on dollars in and dollars out to ensure accurate transport administration and reporting related to revenue and expense.
- Manage purchasing via PO requisitions, receipts and invoice payment for truck maintenance, repair and supply related to our internal fleet.
- Invoice external customers and track related receivables.
- Review and create reporting related to internal revenue and expenses.
- Create and maintain reporting on transport productivity and service metrics.
- Support development of maintenance and inspection schedules
Safety and Compliance
- Become proficient in fleet management regulations, maintain driver and truck records and support licensing and renewal schedules to ensure compliance.
- Support the hazard ID reporting and communication process along with related action items.
- Lead the development of safe work procedure documentation related to transportation operations and load securement.
- Proactively communicate status and service with other Shaw departments, with our driver team, with our customers and with our suppliers.
- Support Transport Team Members as needed with payroll entry and maintenance, vacation backfill and other duties as assigned.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office 2007
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Embody a customer focused attitude and understand the importance of our internal and external customers
- Prior experience with a transportation company is preferred but not essential.
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com