PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous-staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing, and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
Our company is growing rapidly, and so is our Instructor team. We are currently looking for an experienced classroom instructor/ sessional instructor who shares our commitment to quality and student success in a professional setting. The successful candidate will join us in creating opportunities for Indigenous people in information technology through education and career creation and will work with the subject matter expert to co-teach the curriculum and help students discover what software quality assurance entails. Please note that the class will be taught in-person. The role can also be tailored to be of a Sessional Instructor.
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants and people with experience working with candidates of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit backgrounds.
We are looking for candidates across Canada with preference given to those based in Kamloops BC, as well as opportunities in Regina, SK and Prince Albert, SK.
What you'll do
- Create a positive learning environment that accommodates students' learning styles, diverse cultural and educational background
- Utilize principles of adult education to engage students and employees in learning
- Teach theory and practical courses about the various aspects of the field of IT, specializing in software testing
- Develop a course outline(s) and lesson plans that meet program and industry requirements as well as reflect the company's brand and approach to learning
- Present lesson plans on scheduled class days in an engaging and well-communicated manner
- Support various learning styles by providing several strategies for consuming the same content
- Stay up-to-date on trends and changes in the industry/field through personal research and learning events
- Assess students fairly on course material, projects, exams, and other objectives according to pre-established assessment methods
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement on the curriculum
- Provide students with access to assessment method guides/rubrics before and after assessments as well as constructive feedback when needed
- Consult with Delivery managers to understand current and anticipated skills needs and adjust existing or develop new curriculum that addresses such gaps
- Design and organize ongoing training for bench resources
- Liaise with delivery organization to provide onboarding and mentorship on or off client site
- Act as a role model to students and bench staff by illustrating positive behaviours and seeking out opportunities to coach students and staff on areas of improvement
- Facilitate regular meetings with students and bench staff to review progress, milestones and goals
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
Enable the growth of PLATO Testing
- Be an ambassador for PQA and PLATO Testing, maintaining company values and integrity at all times
- Form relationships among the client teams with which you work and report potential opportunities for pursuit
Provide a report structure to key internal and external stakeholders
- Produce detailed reporting and metrics, relating to student and bench staff learning
- Develop an assessment structure that provides a baseline and tracks progress of students and bench staff over time
- Provide guidance and an escalation path for employees
What you'll need
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in education
- Experience in delivering adult education curriculum
- Commitment to education and to students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to function within a team environment
- Classroom management skills to ensure classroom runs smoothly
- Experience in IT and/or with programming languages would be considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.