Crosbie Group of Companies Limited is a diversified family business involved in real estate development, construction, onshore asset maintenance services and offshore oil and gas services in Atlantic Canada. We are currently seeking internal candidates interested in the opportunity for a secondment/temporary placement to the role of Training Coordinator for approximately one year.
What you'll do
- Ensure training and certifications of staff complies with client, regulatory, trade and company requirements;
- Book required training, and associated travel and accommodations, to ensure no lapses in training and certifications for current personnel;
- Evaluate training and certifications of all new hires and manage identified gaps for assigned roles;
- Liaise with training institutions, trainers, facilities, operational departments and employees to confirm course bookings, joining instructions and other related logistics;
- Maintain and update the employee training profiles in the human resources database;
- Complete training related purchasing, billing payroll and expense claim documentation and reporting in accordance with collective agreements, contracts and company policies and procedures and client requirements;
- Manage and monitor funding claims and reimbursement;
- Monitor and schedule all A&D testing to ensure adherence to company and client requirements;
- Participate in internal and external audits and adhere to business policies and procedures;
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and onboarding process (i.e. scheduling interviews, conduct reference checks, coordinate new hire orientations etc.); and
- Assist with the probationary evaluations process for all new hires.
What you'll need
- Post-secondary education in training, human resources, administration or other relevant discipline;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills;
- Sound logical thought processes with the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize competing demands and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive approach to resolving problems and issues;
- Self-motivated, hardworking and results oriented; and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
A little bit about us
The Crosbie family's involvement in Newfoundland and Labrador business began in 1858 with the arrival of George Crosbie in Brigus. In 1881, George moved to St. John's and the family business has been headquartered there ever since. His son John, subsequently Sir John, expanded into many diverse businesses and founded Crosbie and Company Limited at the turn of the century.
Sir John Crosbie's legacy of entrepreneurship, public service and philanthropy has set the standard for three successive generations of the family. The Crosbie Group limited is now in its 5th generation as a family business and has sustained the spirit of the company's last 100 plus years by continuing its involvement in industries that have been at the core of its success, while branching into the emerging and evolving sectors that the province has come to offer.
In March of 2019 it was announced that Crosbie Group has been named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row . The Canada's Best Managed Companies program recognizes excellence in privately-owned Canadian companies and symbolizes companies who are focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy. We are very proud to have joined a very inspiring group of companies sharing this designation.
Currently the Group's interests are concentrated in the following four principle areas:
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Onshore Industrial
- Real Estate
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Interested candidates should discuss this opportunity with their direct manager and submit an application no later than January 6, 2019.
Crosbie Group of Companies is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).