Ambassatours Gray Line is one of Canada's premier sightseeing tour companies. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the company has operated land and water tours for over 30 years in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. As an elite Gray Line provider, Ambassatours creates and delivers memorable, world caliber traveler experiences in its many destinations.
- seasonal position from approximately April to November
- may include possible travel
- irregular work schedules that take place over 7 days per week
What you'll do
Reporting to the Director Cruise Operations and Team Lead the incumbent will be responsible for:
- following a pre-determined schedule outlined by the cruise company
- collecting and accounting for all tickets
- accounting for, and is responsible for, every passenger while in their charge
- planning and organizing routes and stops in an allotted timeframe
- playing the role of a cultural ambassador
- delivering factual commentary and interesting tidbits of information
- providing guidance and taking control of a group while in their care
- working well with local tourism suppliers and other staff
What you'll need
- high-school diploma or the equivalent
- willingness to participate in and receive, on-the-job training
- pass both a written and verbal exam covering factual knowledge of specific locations and city history
- professional manner and appearance
- effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- strong performance in custodial abilities
- ability to work well under pressure, and follow assignments
- enthusiasm and desire to sell Atlantic Canada as a travel destination
- excellent organizational skills
- flexibility to work shifts including early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- ability to communicate in either German, French, Spanish an asset
- strong observation skills, attention to detail, cleanliness & aesthetics of working space
- friendly, customer-focused personality
A little bit about us
Ambassatours Gray Line Ltd.
For over three decades, Ambassatours Gray Line has stood as a leader of excellence in sightseeing in Canada's East Coast, offering award winning land and water tours across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. Our heart beats in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where our journey began and continues to flourish.
As a distinguished Gray Line affiliate, we're not just about tours; we're about creating extraordinary experiences. Our mission is to enrich lives through exceptional journeys that leave lasting impressions. From our celebrated Harbour Hopper Tours and Boat Cruises in Halifax, to the serene beauty of Peggy's Cove and the Annapolis Valley, each experience is crafted to offer a unique perspective of Eastern Canada's charm and rich history.
Our purpose is clear: To Create and Deliver Exceptional Experiences to Enrich the Lives of our Team, Customers, and Communities. This purpose echoes in every tour we conduct, every story we share, and every smile we bring to our guests' faces.
Please join us in exploring the natural wonders and vibrant sea and landscapes of Eastern Canada, and discover why at Ambassatours Gray Line, we do more than just tours - we create memories that we hope will last a lifetime.
Ambassatours Gray Line is proudly Rainbow Registered: Canada's national accreditation for 2SLGBTQI+ inclusive, welcoming and safer spaces for all. Learn more about this program at rainbowregistered.ca
Ambassatours Gray Line is proud to be an Age-Friendly Institute's Certified Age Friendly Employer (CAFE). This program is the nation's only certification program that identifies organizations committed to being the best places to work for employees aged 50+.
To Create Exceptional Experiences to Enrich the Lives of our Team, Customers and Communities.
Our Core Values
We Do the Right Thing - Always
Our team acts with integrity and honesty and focuses on putting ourselves in the shoes of others. Our commitment to safety for our team and guests is uncompromising.
We Step Up and Own It
We empower each other to take ownership of our actions. We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients, and our company.
We Communicate Clearly and Honestly
We're honest, transparent, and committed to doing what's best for our guests and our company. We collaborate openly in pursuit of the truth.
We Work as a Team
We are committed to building an encouraging, caring, and supportive environment. We share a responsibility to support our team members and enrich their lives.
We Find a Better Way
We actively seek continuous improvement by challenging the status quo with open minds, focus, and creativity.
We Exceed Expectations
We pursue excellence with pride, commitment, and reliability. We consistently deliver high quality work, both internally and externally.
Ambassatours Gray Line is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of employment equity for all applicants and employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ambassatours are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of age, race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, or any other of the protected characteristics as per the Human Rights act of Nova Scotia. Ambassatours will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Great pay plus tips.
- Perfect for the retired professional.
- Exceptional team of colleagues.
- Adventures and memories to last a lifetime.