Ambassatours Gray Line is one of Canada's premier sightseeing tour companies. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the company has operated land and water tours for over 30 years in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. As an elite Gray Line provider, Ambassatours creates and delivers memorable, world caliber traveler experiences in its many destinations.
- seasonal position from approximately April to November
- may include possible travel
- irregular work schedules that take place over 7 days per week
What you'll do
Reporting to the Director Shore Experience, Tour Guide & Development Manager, & Assistant Manager Cruise Operations the incumbent will be responsible for:
- following a pre-determined schedule outlined by the cruise company
- collecting and accounting for all tickets
- accounting for, and is responsible for, every passenger while in their charge
- planning and organizing routes and stops in an allotted timeframe
- playing the role of a cultural ambassador
- delivering factual commentary and interesting tidbits of information
- providing guidance and taking control of a group while in their care
- working well with local tourism suppliers and other staff
What you'll need
- high-school diploma or the equivalent
- willingness to participate in and receive, on-the-job training
- pass both a written and verbal exam covering factual knowledge of specific locations and city history
- professional manner and appearance
- effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- strong performance in custodial abilities
- ability to work well under pressure, and follow assignments
- enthusiasm and desire to sell Atlantic Canada as a travel destination
- excellent organizational skills
- flexibility to work shifts including early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- ability to communicate in either German, French, Spanish an asset
- strong observation skills, attention to detail, cleanliness & aesthetics of working space
- friendly, customer-focused personality
A little bit about us
Ambassatours Gray Line Ltd.
Ambassatours is the top provider of shore excursions for the cruise lines arriving seasonally in the port of Halifax. We offer a wide variety of tour guiding opportunities in many entertaining and interesting tours including Hop On Hop Off sightseeing tours aboard vintage British double decker buses, coach, walking and hiking tours.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Great pay plus tips.
- Perfect for the retired professional.
- Exceptional team of colleagues.
- Adventures and memories to last a lifetime.