PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading edge companies, technologies and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing in Calgary and are currently looking for experienced test lead with automation experience to help us do that!
What you'll do
- Perform test assessment and define the testing processes/methodologies
- Create POC (proof of concept) to identify the automation framework/toolset
- Participate in requirement and design planning/review to ensure test plans are traceable to requirements.
- Design, develop and implement automation framework and automated software test scripts
- Manage the creation of test data through test scripts
- Review unit or integration tests written by developers
- Perform verification testing
- Identify and document defects and follow through to their resolution
- Work closely with developers, project stakeholders and the management team to effectively assure delivery of a quality project
What you'll need
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of automation experience in UFT, Selenium
- Experience with web API development is an asset
- 5+ years of experience creating functional and integration tests
- 3+ years of experience developing test automation strategies and leading automation testing efforts
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Java, Groovy, Python or
- Experience with SQL queries
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum preferred)
- Familiar with Agile frameworks and testing techniques such as ATDD or BDD is an asset
- Experience with writing performance and/or security tests is an asset
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada's premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Feel like having an ice cream on a hot summer Friday afternoon? Or do you feel like taking in a sports event in our lounge? You could even challenge yourself with one of the many puzzles we always have on the go. Whatever your choice is, always remember one thing while you're working at PQA Testing...have fun!