PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading edge companies, technologies and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing in Regina and are currently looking for an experienced Test Lead/ Instructor to help us do that! This combination role will be responsible for senior level software testing, as well as, creating opportunities for indigenous people in information technology through education and career creation.
What you'll do
- Conducting testing as required
- Tracking and reporting status and metrics to clients and PQA
- Tracking resources for projects
- Participating with clients in discussions of prioritizing testing activities
- Teach theory and practical courses about the various aspects of the field of IT, specializing in software testing
- Create a positive learning environment that accommodates students' learning styles, diverse culture and educational background
- Utilize principles of adult education to engage students in learning
- Use technologies to support a professional learning environment, manage and track student progress and deliver course materials
- Manage and update curriculum as needed
- Work with students, program delivery team and stakeholders and manage towards success
What you'll need
- 5 - 8 years of testing experience with a minimum of 3 projects / roles and 2 industry verticals
- A university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Managing delivery of projects with a team of 5+ members
- Minimum 5 years' experience writing test plans and/or strategies
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading or supporting user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Strong Knowledge in Software Development and Testing Lifecycles
- Demonstrated experience using HP ALM/QC
- Solid experience in manual testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and produce documented results
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Commitment to education and to students
- Effective critical thinking and organizational skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada's premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Feel like having an ice cream on a hot summer Friday afternoon? Or do you feel like taking in a sports event in our lounge? You could even challenge yourself with one of the many puzzles we always have on the go. Whatever your choice is, always remember one thing while you're working at PQA Testing...have fun!