The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary's University invites applications for two tenure-track positions in Management Science at the rank of Assistant Professor Level. The anticipated starting date is July 1 2019. The competition will remain open until the position is filled but application screening will begin in October 2018.
What you'll do
Criteria for the position are:
- Candidates should have a Ph.D. or ABD in one of Operations Management, Management Science, Operations Research or related area.
- Preferred Specializations. The first position is in Data Analytics (with application in key functional areas such as supply chain management, health systems, sustainability management, service management, and retail management). The other position is in specializations are Supply Chain Management and Product & Service Design and Development. Those with specializations in other areas may be considered.
- Ability and willingness to teach all core subjects offered by the Management Science Group in the Undergraduate Program (Quantitative Methods, Statistics and Operations Management)
- Excellence in teaching including ability to integrate technology in teaching and use blended approaches to learning
- Potential to add value to one or several of the graduate programs offered by the Sobey School of Business, namely (a) the MBA Program, (b) the Executive MBA Program, (c) the Masters of Finance, and (d) the Masters in Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Ability to build research and education connections with other areas (disciplines, programs, departments) of the Sobey School of Business and of Saint Mary's University.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Saint Mary's University is a public university with over 7,000 students, offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our University is committed to serving the local, regional, national and international communities, and integrating such activity as part of the learning environment for undergraduate and graduate students. The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary's University is a balanced research/teaching Faculty. It has the largest business program in the Atlantic Provinces with over 3,500 students and offers AACSB accredited degrees at the undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. levels. The Sobey School is located in a modern facility providing state of the art technology for classrooms. Excellent database resources are provided for research, including access to Datastream, Bloomberg, Compustat and Global Vantage. The Department of Finance, Information Systems and Management Science consists of 22 full-time faculty members. Academic calendars with program and course information are available at http://www.smu.ca/sitemap.html.
Saint Mary's University is located in the historic port city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, a vibrant, urban community of over 350,000 people. Halifax is a major educational centre for Atlantic Canada and is home to five universities. It is conveniently located to recreational areas and to other major urban centres in Canada and the Northeastern United States. For information about the University and the Sobey School of Business please see our website at http://www.sobey.smu.ca.
Although candidates of all nationalities are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Saint Mary's University is committed to principles of employment equity. In accordance with our collective agreement, we are committed to the objective of equal opportunities through positive action, and to improving opportunities for the employment of women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and people with disabilities in the university community. We therefore strongly encourage applications from qualified women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and people with disabilities.
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and submitting all application material electronically through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Only electronic applications submitted through CareerBeacon can be accepted.
Applications for this position should include an electronic letter of interest, curriculum vitae, recent working papers or publications, teaching evaluations (if available), and the name and contact information for three references. Note that due to size constraints, you may need to provide a link to your academic papers rather than the actual files.
Review of applications will begin October 20, 2018, and continue until the position is filled.