We are fortunate to be recruiting for multiple positions at Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Technical Writers and Editors level. Working within a diverse team consisting of subject matter experts, project management, and quality control, these positions will collaborate to achieve high quality outputs and provide input for continuous improvement. This team will report directly to the Technical Publications Team Lead.
What you'll do
- Authoring Technical data in an electronic media.
- Research engineering drawings, technical specifications, equipment catalogues and other source data, as required, for the purpose of preparing, in a computerized environment, new publication, changes and revisions.
- Derive new procedures to incorporate modifications, as well as define appropriate supporting illustrations ensuring the technical data reflects the latest system/equipment configuration.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and the validation of texts, as well as other technical information. documents related to customer requirements.
- Apply expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and define requirements.
- Perform validation/verification on site if required.
- Collaborate with the technical publications team, Tech Pubs Lead, Illustrator, Multimedia Designer and Editor to enable the completeness of the work task and the necessary create and update to the Technical Publication(s).
- Participate in customer working groups.
- Assist other technical writers in preparing their work packages for draft manuscript presentations.
What you'll need
- Engineering Degree or Trade Certification in a Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation discipline or equivalent.
- Between 2-10 years of recent experience developing technical documentation (Junior, Intermediate, and Senior).
- Experience preferably in a technical environment related to military publications activity would be considered an asset. Some knowledge of common Aircraft, Naval or Land mechanical, electrical or electronic systems is considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to analyze and understand technical specifications and user interfaces in order to produce clear documentation.
- Ability to convey complex information in concise, user-friendly instructions.
- Ability to work with subject-matter experts to gather key information.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient Computer skills; including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (ITEMs) an asset.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
- Experience with Structured Authoring and XML-based Authoring Tools, such as Madcap Flare, would be an asset.
- Must be able to obtain an Government of Canada Security Clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….