We are growing in Calgary and are currently looking for an experienced Technical Test Lead to help us do that!
What you'll do
- Create project test plans
- Identify QA resources needed for projects
- Provide work estimates and QA-specific resource requirements
- Provide guidance and best practices for testing
- Provide testing resources with training and mentoring on the testing processes, test standards and the testing tools
- Review requirements for testability, ambiguity or redundancy
- Ensure traceability matrices are available
- Communicate the progress and status of testing
- Identify testing risks and provide a risk mitigation plan
- Coordinate the testing efforts for projects that involve multiple applications or portfolios
- Provide testing metrics and KPIs
- Keep stakeholders informed of the progress and status with appropriate dashboards and reports
- Escalate QA issues to the project manager
What you'll need
- 6+ years of Test Lead experience is mandatory
- Oil & Gas experience strongly preferred
- Senior level experience with planning and strategies
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with build automation tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle)
- Experience in test automation and performance testing initiatives
- Good understanding of SQL
- Experience using HP ALM and JIRA
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work dynamically across multiple projects
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada's premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Feel like having an ice cream on a hot summer Friday afternoon? Or do you feel like taking in a sports event in our lounge? You could even challenge yourself with one of the many puzzles we always have on the go. Whatever your choice is, always remember one thing while you're working at PQA Testing...have fun!