Educational Qualification: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information technology
Looking for candidates proficient in Server Management, Network Management, User account management, Security and data protection, Software/Hardware installation and maintenance, Scripting and automation, and Disaster Recovery Planning.
Experience level: 5+ years
What you'll do
· Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers (both hardware and software).
· Monitoring server performance and ensuring uptime and reliability.
· Applying security patches and updates to servers
· Managing network infrastructure, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
· Setting up and maintaining network connections and ensuring data flow.
· Troubleshooting network issues.
· Creating, modifying, and deleting user accounts.
· Managing access permissions and security settings.
· Assisting users with login and authentication issues.
· Implementing security measures to protect systems from threats and vulnerabilities.
· Performing regular data backups and disaster recovery planning.
· Monitoring for and responding to security incidents.
· Installing and configuring software applications.
· Updating and patching software to ensure security and functionality.
· Troubleshooting software-related issues.
· Maintaining computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
· Diagnosing and repairing hardware failures.
· Managing hardware inventory and procurement.
· Setting up monitoring tools to track system performance.
· Analyzing logs for errors, anomalies, or security breaches.
· Taking proactive measures based on monitoring data.
· Creating and maintaining documentation for system configurations and procedures.
· Recording changes and updates made to systems.
· Assisting users with technical issues and providing technical support.
· Conducting training sessions for employees on system usage and best practices.
· Ensuring systems and practices comply with industry regulations and company policies.
· Enforcing security policies and access controls.
· Writing scripts to automate routine tasks and system administration processes.
· Managing relationships with technology vendors and service providers.
· Coordinating hardware and software upgrades and maintenance with external partners
· Developing and testing disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity in case of system failures or disasters.
· Analyzing system performance data to plan for future hardware or resource needs.
What you'll need
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3P 2R3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 5 years (required)
- CompTIA A+ (preferred)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$33.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay