About the role
The Blue Spurs’ Managed Services department collaborates with Developers, Operations, QA, Architects and clients to support software and improve deployment frequency. Using an Agile process, they analyze requirements, propose solutions and strive for continuous improvement. This leads to faster times to market, lower failure rates of new releases and shortened lead times between fixes.
What you'll do
What you’ll be doing
- Troubleshooting and resolving production issues
- Building and improving new processes to streamline software builds and deployments
- Automating, integrating and optimising the software build and deployment process
- Monitoring and configuring Production, Development and QA environments
- Automating manual activities (validating deployment, infrastructure, etc.)
What you'll need
What you need
- Expert Linux skills (all flavours)
- Strong scripting skills, like Bash, Python and Ruby
- Understanding of network, system and database administration
- Previous experience in a technical support or troubleshooting role
Nice to have
- Experience in automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Docker, Bamboo, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Experience with ticketing software (Jira)
- An interest in cloud-based technologies and IoT
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Blue Spurs, we're using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests from across the continent, including start-ups and high-profile, large enterprises. We're highly sought after for our expertise in Mobile and Cloud Enablement, including rich web-based systems. Our use of the Agile software development methodology is another key element that defines the culture here at Blue Spurs.
There are exciting things happening in this industry and it's a competitive market for top talent. We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills. Being part of a growing company, our employees know their work is a vital part of our team's success.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Some of our perks
- More free food than you can eat (including a catered lunch every Friday)
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP package
- Training, certification and mentorship to ensure you’re constantly learning
Where you’ll be working
We are located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. At this time, we can only consider those with valid Canadian work authorization for the role.