Working with a team of professionals, this is a key managerial role that will deliver technical publications to meet Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) operational and quality standards. Working within a diverse team of technical writers, subject matter experts, project management, and quality control, the incumbent will collaborate to achieve high quality outputs within cost and schedule requirements. This position will be reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Delivery & Operations.
What you'll do
- Has knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining technical publications processes.
- Has knowledge and experience in aligning business requirements to technical publications systems/tools.
- Provide inputs for continuous improvement on processes and systems.
- Advance knowledge of DND CFTO technical documentation specifications and requirements.
- Day to day supervision of the technical publication personnel.
- Assign tasks to technical publications personnel and review their work for technical and format accuracy.
- Ensures assigned tasks are executed by the Technical Writing Team on schedule and budget.
Reports risks/issues to the Project Manager and assists with developing mitigation strategies.
Conducts Quality Control checks on technical publications.
Attends customer meetings as required.
What you'll need
- Engineering Degree or Trade Certification in a Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of recent experience developing technical documentation.
- Experience preferably in a technical environment related to military publications activity would be considered an asset. Some knowledge of common Aircraft, Naval or Land mechanical, electrical or electronic systems is considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to analyze and understand technical specifications and user interfaces to produce clear documentation.
- Ability to convey complex information in concise, user-friendly instructions.
- Ability to work with subject-matter experts to gather key information.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient Computer skills; including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (ITEMs) an asset.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
- Experience with Structured Authoring and XML-based Authoring Tools, such as Madcap Flare, would be an asset.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….