Hey! We're looking for someone who gets excited about numbers and spreadsheets. We won't tell your friends (but chances are they know). We also want someone who's passionate about their community and helping others.
Adams Green isn't your average accounting firm. We're on a mission to help organizations (and their communities) thrive by changing the way their financial management needs are met.
We embed ourselves in their organization, take care of their finances, keep them aware of what's going on, and let them focus on the things that they do best. We love our clients, feel great about what they do and so will you!
We're looking for someone to join our team. This person will be responsible for the day to day bookkeeping for a group of clients under the supervision of the client lead. They'll make sure those clients can sleep easy knowing their books are in order and they have the information they need to make sound decisions.
The person who joins our team is likely to say yes to many of these questions:
- Do you want to do work that makes you feel like you're contributing?
- Are you getting frustrated with the status quo?
- Do you love numbers?
- Do you have a hard time understanding why everyone doesn't love Excel?
- Do people act surprised when they find out you're really a big nerd?
- Are you someone who is constantly looking for ways to improve things?
- Do you find yourself saying "there must be a better way to do this"?
- Do you take pleasure in helping others succeed?
- Are you the type who takes on the stuff that others don't want or can't do?
- Do you feel like overtime is for people who have a hard time "getting &%$# done"?
- Are you comfortable with constant change and uncertainty?
- Do you respond to uncertainty by taking action and creating structure?
If you found yourself answering yes to many of those you may want to apply.
What you'll do
There is no typical day at Adams Green. That's because with our diverse group of clients we don't know what is going to get thrown at us. That said, it's our job (and yours) to create order out of all that chaos. Some of the things you'll be responsible for are:
- Processing all financial transactions for multiple clients
- Making sure you receive appropriate supporting docs from clients
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Preparing financial statements and month end reporting packages
- Processing vendor invoices for payment
- Invoicing customers and collecting receivables
On top of that, our work is almost entirely virtual. We exchange documents electronically and work from home.
We expect this position to initially require 20 hours per week, but hope to see it grow.
What you'll need
Here are the qualifications we are looking for:
- Ideally 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- University and/or community college degree in business/accounting.
- Familiarity with accounting software like Sage 50 and Quickbooks.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
A little bit about us
Adams Green isn't your average accounting firm. We're on a mission to help entrepreneurs (and their communities) thrive by changing the way their financial management needs are met.
We embed ourselves in their organization, take care of their finances, keep them aware of what's going on, and let them focus on the things that they do best - like grow their business.
Here are some great things about working with Adams Green:
- Work virtually from your home.
- Our clients include non-profits, B Corps, social enterprises, breweries, architects, film makers, IT start ups and more. You'll get an experience unlike anywhere else.
- We offer a great compensation package including competitive salary, health benefits, RRSP matching and paid time off to volunteer.
- We don't believe long hours are necessary or some sort of badge of honour. We value meeting deadlines and customer expectations.
- We support you in meeting professional development needs.
- See more at: http://www.adamsgreen.ca/#sthash.xnzP1J9U.dpuf
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you find yourself nodding while reading the above, you might be the right person to join our team!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and the opportunity to work from the comfort of your home.
Don't hesitate - contact us today. We can't wait to meet you!