We are looking for a Tax Administrator to join our growing team. This role involves tax preparation and administrative duties related to the operations of a tax-focused CPA firm.
What you'll do
- Data entry into various software programs, especially Excel and tax preparation software
- Scanning and filing client paper and electronic records
- Interacting with clients, investment advisors and accountants to gather and to send relevant client information
- Verifying timesheets entered into time and billing system
- Maintaining financial records and interacting with bookkeeper
- Arranging for payment of payables
- Billing and collecting
- Depositing payments and recording
- Taking mail to Canada Post location
- Fielding client questions about onboarding or client service issues
- Maintenance and updating of CRM and project tracking lists
- Scheduling client meetings
- Ordering/picking up office supplies
The duties are subject to seasonal variation, but tax preparation/data entry would be expected to comprise 75-80% of time in most seasons. Interacting with the public in person or by telephone is not a significant component of the job.
What you'll need
- Post-secondary college diploma or university degree.
- Tax preparation experience is not required.
- Administrative experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products;
- Must be highly organized with exceptional clerical accuracy and the ability to self-review to ensure a low error rate
- Able to prioritize tasks while remaining flexible to change
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Effective customer service leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Preference will be given to those dedicated to personal growth and learning
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with organizational and customer information.
- Must be able to physically lift 20 lbs (paper boxes)
Must be available to work Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 5pm, weekly hour requirements vary throughout the year. This would result in more hours (~48hrs/week) during our busy season (mid-February to June) and less hours (~35hr/week) during our summer season. The remainder of the year is 40 hours per week but overtime may be requried. All work is performed in office. Position is not available remotely.
A little bit about us
Unbordered Tax Inc.
Unbordered provides cross-border tax services to clients throughout North America.
We are not a full-service firm. Instead, we focus on our core competency - providing advisory and compliance services to individuals and businesses with Canadian/U.S. cross-border complications. Essentially, you qualify to be a client if your tax situation involves more than one country.
We aim to keep things simple for our clients, to work efficiently through streamlined processes and systems, and to offer great value and quality service. Our clients dread tax season a lot less.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer competive compensation and an opportunity to work within a high growth organization. Our focus on personal and professional development is a key priority.
Our organization is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for all candidates, including persons with disabilities. We endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.