IT Campus with the opportunity to work remotely in Nova Scotia
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Term Full Time Positions: Commencing approximately Spring and Summer 2022
Application deadline is 11:59pm, May 31, 2022
The salary scale for Professional Support 4 is based on twelve steps that range from $64,800.05 - $90,591.79. New Professional Support may receive up to a maximum of seven steps for relevant occupational experience which is $77,793.53 annually
For the 2021-22 Academic Year, based on public health guidelines, NSCC plans to return to more in-person learning, supports and services. You may be required to work on campus, remotely or a combination of both as the Academic Year progresses. This will be clarified further upon hire.
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. As such, we recommend that NSCC employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What you'll do
What you will be doing…
You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, co-ordination, and evaluation of instructional materials, activities, and evaluation tools for NSCC online/blended courses and programs. You will work closely with various NSCC groups including other Instructional Designers as well as external stakeholders, associated organizations, and government departments. You are current and comfortable with the latest technologies, new educational philosophies and are able to train and support faculty with the development and delivery of effective online courses.
What you'll need
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC's mission. You bring a learning-centred perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualiﬁcation for this position is a university undergraduate degree and a recognized Professional Certiﬁcation/Designation in Instructional Design or equivalent combination of education credentials and certiﬁcations within the subject matter.
- You have a minimum of five years of recent and relevant experience in the area of developing, designing and supporting online courses and programs.
- Occupational experience that includes a strong background in adult education is necessary along with industry experience in curriculum and course development
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail. Experience working with learning management systems in course design and delivery is required, specific experience with Brightspace is an asset.
- Demonstrated fluency in industry standard software and technologies
- Experience with eLearning authoring software packages such as Articulate Storyline and Camtasia considered an asset.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology, and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience
- You have experience in training/facilitation preparation, delivery and evaluation
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact with a diversity of people and support resolution of issues
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in industry standard software and technologies
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to the development of online and hybrid delivery instruction
- Project management skills considered an asset
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in selecting and applying instructional design models, online pedagogical approaches, learning theories and technology solutions appropriate to each course development project
- You are dedicated to life-long learning to maintain currency in professional practice, emerging trends and technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and assessment strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency in distributed learning, instructional design and multimedia, and mobile technologies
- Practical experience and knowledge of current educational technology trends and applications
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
NSCC is committed to building Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation, transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time. NSCC offers more than 140 career-oriented programs throughout the province at our 14 campuses, including our online eCampus. Programs are offered through five academic schools – Access, Education and Language; Business and Creative Industries; Health and Human Services, Technology and Environment; Trades and Transportation – and reflect the labour market needs and opportunities in Nova Scotia. NSCC's primary goal: student success. An annual survey of College graduates shows that 82% are employed one year after graduation, most in their field of study, with 94% of those employed living and working in Nova Scotia. NSCC makes things happen. We're growing the economy of Nova Scotia, we're producing highly skilled workers, and we're building communities. How are we doing it? By providing the most career-oriented education available in Nova Scotia today; by maintaining close links to industry; and by inviting exceptionally talented people to join NSCC's team of 2,000. Consider being a part of excellence in learning and having the chance to help build Nova Scotia's future while building your own. All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia's economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi'kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, persons of a minority sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
As a condition of employment, Professional Support employees at NSCC must complete a two-year (part-time) adult education program delivered by NSCC. This adult education program is a significant investment on the part of NSCC in the learning and development of new employees. To achieve regular status; all probationary, full or part-time Professional Support employees of the College must successfully complete the program within their probationary period. Term full-time Professional Support employees whose term appointment is twelve or more months are also required to participate in this program.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact David Meister, HR Generalist at [email protected] Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp.
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
- Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right) or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn; they may not import synchronously with the profile and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
- Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional; they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
- Questions. Next to the Application tab, you will see a Questions tab. We will need you to complete these questions in order to submit your application.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept late or paper applications.
2022-237 - Faculty, Business Administration - Ivany Campus
Dartmouth, NS, CA
2022-233 - Faculty, Non-Profit Leadership - eCampus
, NS, CA
2022-238 - Faculty, Electro Technical Officer - Strait Area Campus
Port Hawkesbury, NS, CA
2022-235- Academic Chair (CL8) - Kingstec Campus
Kentville, NS, CA
2022-236 - Faculty, Carpentry Trade - Pictou Campus
Pictou, NS, CA