PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing, and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist works closely with the Talent Acquisition manager and Recruitment Coordinator by assisting in recruitment/talent management activities, ensuring consistency of approach, adherence to applicable legislation, and alignment with the business needs.
What you'll do
- Contributes to the overall success of the Recruitment department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives
- Responsible for managing and driving the entire recruitment process for designated regions
- Partner closely with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs
- Assess needs, design, implement, and deliver HR people solutions that bring the company's employment value proposition, human capital strategy and employee experience to life
- Deliver consistent, reliable data and insights that help shape the future of PLATO
What you'll need
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study such as business administration or commerce specializing in human resources
- At least 5 years of experience directly related to end-to-end recruitment activities
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and functions
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Oral and written communication skills to provide information to colleagues and external candidates
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public and employees
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and HRIS experience
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.