Talent Acquisition Specialist
Human Resources, Corporate Services
Type of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Union Status: Excluded/Non-union
Competition # 24020
Closing Date: February 16, 2024
About Our Opportunity
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for providing a wide range of human resource, and administrative functions, supporting NSPHA's Human Resources team in facilitating the delivery of quality recruitment and selection services and ability case management support to all districts throughout the province utilizing established policies and procedures.
What you'll do
• Assist in delivery of recruitment and selection services to clients.
• Supports the Health and Wellness Consultant in managing files, intake related to cases, tracking and statistics, on an as needed basis.
• Review, critique and provide feedback on draft job posting/advertisements; advise management on external advertising process and sourcing options regarding postings; assisting management in the development of selection criteria.
• Screening competitions against specific selection criteria; participating on interview boards.
• Provide salary ratings to management; provide feedback and coaching to managers where necessary and guiding managers when additional information is required.
• Supports and enhances the HR team's ability to effectively and efficiently provide quality Human Resource Services that enables Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency to achieve their objectives.
• Ensure human resource file and process integrity by maintaining and updating paper and electronic files and systems including SharePoint, HR shared drive.
• Pro-actively recommends and/or initiates changes where and when necessary to improve and streamline processes pertaining to human resource policies and programs.
• Maintains and destroys files in accordance with recordkeeping protocols. Assumes a lead role in the record retention project.
• Represents organization at various province wide functions and recruitment initiatives such as job fairs, information sessions, etc.
What you'll need
• Post-secondary education with a focus in human resources.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in human resources within a unionized environment required.
• Working knowledge of HRIS systems is required.
• Must be able to demonstrate high proficiency in Excel, as well as intermediate to advanced knowledge of desktop software, including Microsoft Office.
• Experience with recruitment practices and processes, along with a working knowledge of Labour Standards and collective agreements is preferable.
• Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, strives to meet deadlines, accepts responsibility, and works with a minimum of supervision. Ability to work well in a team environment where multi-tasking is a necessity. A high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy is essential.
• Possess a valid Nova Scotia Driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes; and other duties as required.
• Working knowledge of SAP.
Competencies required at this level of work are: Innovation, Decision Making, Impact of Results, Dimensions.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, child abuse registry and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification/Pay Grade: PR 10
Salary Range: $57,457.55 - $70.095.32 annually
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.