What started as a club by, and for, automobile enthusiasts at the turn of the last century, CAA Atlantic is now focused on being there for our members in all of life's journeys.
With a rich history spanning over 75+ years, CAA Atlantic is a leading provider of roadside assistance, travel and insurance services. At CAA Atlantic, we are dedicated to promoting safety, convenience, and peace of mind for all travelers. As a member of our dynamic and innovative organization, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of our members and contribute to the growth and success of our company.
In this role, you'll be involved in the administration and maintenance of enterprise servers, both in Microsoft Azure and locally. You'll play a crucial role in the Cyber Security Program, authoring and maintaining security policies, operational checklists, and cyber awareness training. Additionally, you'll ensure that IT activities adhere to standard processes, provide after-hours support on a rotation basis and occasionally, you will assist in Tier 1 Helpdesk duties.
This is a hybrid role with a minimum 2 days working onsite in Saint John NB.
What you'll do
What you will be doing on the job:
• Server/Application Administration - Administer and Maintain Enterprise Servers both in the Microsoft Azure and locally in a disciplined manner in line with established processes, procedures, and best practice.
• Enterprise Patching.
• Enterprise Mobility Administration - Smartphones, Tablets, access points, etc.
• Vendor & Contract Management
• Enterprise Infrastructure Maintenance - Firewall configuration, wireless access points, VPN account verification, etc.
• Cyber Security - Working for the Directory of Infrastructure and Cyber Security this role will have significant accountability in our Cyber Security Program. This includes authoring and maintaining multiple security policies, standard operating procedures, operational checklists, and cyber awareness training.
• Process & Procedure Oversight: Through the establishment of standard processes ensure that all activities (i.e., change management) involving our IT Applications/Systems are performed by all IT staff or external consultants consistently, predictably, accurately, and safely to ensure their integrity and performance is in line with business needs and user expectations.
• After Hours Support: Contribute to an on-call support rotation.
• Systems Expertise: Contribute to multi-department projects as part of a cross-functional team providing Infrastructure, Cloud and Cyber Security expertise with the inclination for practical innovation and automation.
• Cross Functional Support: As part of our IT team this role will occasionally be asked to support some duties typically associated Tier 1 Helpdesk. This will not be the norm but is required to support the team during vacations, illness, training, etc.
• Offer advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security, and service delivery.
• Occasionally be required to lead and co-ordinate the work of other team members or contractors.
What you'll need
The following skills and qualifications will be required to carry out this role:
• Completed bachelor's degree in computer science/software engineering or College Diploma as a programmer analyst.
• Experience with Azure Administration
• Experience or certification with standards such as ITIL, NIST, OWASP, etc.
• Knowledge and expertise of Cyber Security Best Practice, PCI regulations, Privacy regulation.
• Ability to confer with users/clients to identify and document requirements, conduct technical studies.
• Experience in developing and implementing policies/procedures in support of standardized IT processes (e.g., ITIL) and in support of software integration or development processes.
• Bilingual in French and English considered and asset.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
What started out as a club for automobile enthusiasts, has grown into the preferred choice for more and more customers in Atlantic Canada. CAA Atlantic is now focused on being the leader in innovative and cutting-edge technologies driving our members forward, creating a culture of convenience and trust on all of life's journeys. With a successful history spanning over 75+ years, CAA Atlantic is a leading provider of roadside assistance, travel, and insurance services. At CAA Atlantic, we are dedicated to promoting safety, convenience, and peace of mind for all travelers. As a member of our dynamic and innovative organization, you will have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of our members and contribute to the growth and success of our company.
Why Work With Us:
- Challenging work with an amazing team
- Strong commitment to the community and giving back (more than $50K in charitable giving to the IWK Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Atlantic and the Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation in 2022, in addition to many more)
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous paid time off based on professional experience
- Paid volunteering
- Telemedicine - provides you with 24/7 direct access to medical care and wellness services by phone or video chat
- Health and Safety of employees is the number one priority
- Complimentary Premier CAA Membership
- An in-house gym facility and/or corporate gym rate and partial reimbursement
- An innovative and dynamic work environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Our Vision: To be the most trusted and sustainable Member organization in Atlantic Canada.
Our Mission: To make a difference every day by anticipating, understanding, and exceeding the expectations of our Members
Our Core Values
- WE WILL BE BOLD We embrace change and encourage bold decisions to be made in pursuit of delivering positive impact and innovative solutions for our Members and our community.
- WE DO WHAT WE SAY Our Members and our Community know they can trust us to be there when we say we will, to provide the safety and security they can count on and deliver the great service they’ve come to expect. Our word is our bond.
- WE THINK DIFFERENTLY We create a culture built on being curious, embracing new ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, which expands our thinking and leads to creative solutions.
- WE DO THE RIGHT THING We commit to operating in the best interest of others, upholding integrity and being transparent in our actions and decision making.
Diversity and inclusion at CAA Atlantic
As a member-driven organization, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. It is important to us that every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and we recognize that diverse perspectives enhance our collective innovation, creativity and allow us to provide amazing service to our Members.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process (on a confidential basis). All postings available in alternate formats upon request.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
CAA offers you:
• Challenging work with an amazing team
• Strong commitment to the community and giving back (more than $50K in charitable giving to the IWK Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Atlantic and the Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation in 2022, in addition to many more)
• Industry leading compensation
• Generous paid time off based on professional experience.
• Company pension plan
• Paid volunteering.
• Exceptional benefits package including:
o industry-leading $1,500 a year for mental health
o Fertility coverage
o Vaccine coverage e.g., Twinrix, Shingrix
o Orthodontics for adults and children
• Telemedicine - provides you with 24/7 direct access to medical care and wellness services by phone or video chat.
• Health and Safety of employees is the number one priority.
• Complimentary Premier CAA Membership
• Corporate gym rate and partial reimbursement
• An innovative and dynamic work environment
• Ongoing learning and development opportunities