At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Scotiabank Centre Box Office. Our people and our community make us the favoured event destination for our guests. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
Designed to meet the needs of multiple events, Nova Scotia's Halifax Convention Centre offers over 120,000 square feet of flexible event space in the heart of downtown. The Halifax Convention Centre is part of the Nova Centre, a million-square-foot, mixed-use development that includes a hotel, office towers, and retail space. It is the largest integrated development project in the province's history.
The Scotiabank Centre, managed by Events East Group, is the largest multipurpose facility in Atlantic Canada, serving as the region's premier venue for major entertainment and sporting events and the nucleus of major event activity in Nova Scotia. Having hosted the world's top performers, homegrown talent, best in class athletes and many performers in between, Scotiabank Centre has been a source for community vibrancy and pride for over 35 years. With a seating capacity of more than 10,000 and the versatility to accommodate a range of events, Scotiabank Centre hosts close to 500,000 attendees each year and is home to the Halifax Mooseheads, Halifax Thunderbirds Lacrosse and the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo.
Events East Group is now inviting applications for the position of Systems Technician with our Finance and IT team.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Corporate IT and working closely with the Systems and Network Administrator, the Systems Technician helps deliver timely and efficient Information Technology (IT) service to Events East Group staff and stakeholders.
The Systems Technician has a good grasp of a variety of IT technologies, including networking, server administration, and desktop and printing support to ensure that a high level of service is provided to the organization. A willingness to continually improve their knowledge to stay on top of industry trends is important.
The Systems Technician will often be the first point of contact with staff or clients on IT issues, making the ability to effectively communicate a key one.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance and enhancement of the corporate and event network infrastructure.
- Administration and maintenance of network and IT security policies and infrastructure.
- Procurement of IT-related goods and services according to policy.
- Respond to service requests via the IT ticket management system in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist the Network and Systems Administrator with IT focused projects involving other departments.
- Provisioning of new users and their IT resources.
- Support for event system technicians during events.
- End user support for desktops, laptops, printing, software, and mobile and desktop telephony.
- Server maintenance.
- Business continuity and backup.
- Email and collaboration tools.
- Guest network and Wi-Fi service and maintenance.
- Other job demands as required.
THE PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- 3 weeks of vacation starting
- Sick and personal days
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) available through Telus Health
- Free counselling services
- Resources available for personal life needs
- Medical & Dental benefits through Medavie BlueCross as soon as you start!
- Short Term Illness (STI) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Participation in the Province of Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan
- 13 paid holidays or Time in Lieu for working on the holiday
- Paid bereavement leave
- Discounted transit bus pass through SmartTrip
- Discounted gym membership at Goodlife Fitness
THE PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of a recognized information technology program
- Relevant Industry certifications (Comptia, Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, etc.) are an asset
- 1+ years relevant experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and persons from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: Apply via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.