Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is a systems integrator, combining custom software and hardware with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software and hardware to develop mission simulators for air, land, and marine environments.Working closely with software architects and other staff, the System Designer (Architect / Engineer) is responsible for defining the system hardware design for Bluedrop's simulation products. The Systems Architect reports to the Director of Systems Engineering.
What you'll do
Using corporate processes, tools, and standards, the system designer is responsible for leading or contributing to the:
- Analysis, allocation, decomposition, linking, documentation and management of system and sub-system requirements
- Site visits to document facility requirements and constraints
- Development of system architecture drawings and descriptions
- Development of system and sub-system interface specifications and documentation
- Development of technical specifications for systems and sub-systems, which conform to standards, requirements, project scope and other constraints
- Hazard identification and analysis of failure points within system and sub-system designs, and proposing hazard mitigation strategies
- Development of technical drawings, including logical system and sub-system drawings, wiring diagrams, and assembly drawings
- Research of COTS technologies, parts, components and/or suppliers required for the integration of simulator systems
- Preparation of technical quote packages for sub-contractors and purchase orders in our product life-cycle management (PLM) system
- Design reviews with internal stakeholders, sub-contractors, and with clients, including preliminary design reviews and critical design reviews
- Development and maintenance of bill of materials (BOM) in our PLM system
- Creation of wiring and labeling lists
- Write or review system engineering documents, including preparation of technical data packages
The system designer is also expected to:
- Work closely with the product team, including systems engineering, software engineering, testing, integration and support teams
- Work comfortably in an agile product design environment with technical unknowns
- Balance competing or opposing requirements, and mitigate technical and program risks in order to achieve an optimal quality solution
- Occasionally travel to client sites for requirements gathering, design reviews and technical meetings
What you'll need
- A degree or diploma in engineering or industrial design, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional system design or engineering experience
- Previous experience in the following areas are considered strong assets:
- 3D CAD or 2D drawing tools
- Designing small-scale IT and/or electronics
- Training & Simulation in aerospace or related domains
- Systems integration
- Eye for detail and ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, agile design environment.
- Excellent and efficient writing and documentation skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. Please forward your resume to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...