We are currently looking for a Systems Data Analyst to join our team!
Systems Data Analyst
The Systems Data Analyst plays an integral role in data collection, use and analysis. The incumbent will manage all aspects of electronic milk volume and component plus milk quality data collection management and reporting. This role is the fundamental step in ensuring producers are properly paid for their high-quality milk.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of the electronic handheld data collection system.
- Provide handheld help desk support to bulk milk graders.
- Manage all milk volume and component data collection and validation.
- Compile monthly reports for internal processes and dissemination to producers, transporters and processors for the purpose of producer/transporter pay and processor invoicing.
- Reconcile monthly out-of-province milk volumes and compile components.
- Manage milk quality Access database and provide monthly data analysis for calculating producer penalties.
- Provide technical assistance to producers on accessing information.
- Validate milk data for all reporting purposes.
- Provide backup to Operations Coordinator on milk allocation scheduling and sample collection.
- Provide support to the Assistant General Manager in problem solving and project management in execution of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Assist producers with various issues related to their production.
- Assist with the transition to new IT system.
What you'll need
- Diploma in Office Administration or related field
- Strong data analysis skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and Access
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated to work independently and as a cohesive team member
- Excellent business communication skills
- Dairy industry knowledge is an asset
- Work experience in regulated environment is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically to implement solution-based processes
- Must be deadline oriented with strong problem solving ability
- Proven track record building strong relationships and executing superior influencing capabilities.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Dairy Farmers of Nova Scotia
Dairy Farmers of Nova Scotia (DFNS) provides a regulatory and administrative service to Nova Scotia's dairy producers including but not limited to licensing producers, setting milk prices, administering the production quota system and representing the producers on various committees.
DFNS has approximately 215 members located on farms from Port Morien to Yarmouth. Together, they produce over 200,000,000 litres of high-quality milk each year. This represents revenue at the farm of approximately $150,000,000 per year, and over 600 on-farm jobs.
The majority of the milk is processed in the province, and the province's five processors and two producer/processors make fluid milk and cream, yogurt, ice cream, a variety of cheese, and skim milk powder.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- The opportunity to have an impact on industry while working with a small, supportive team
- Competitive compensation package
- Lucrative RRSP Matching Plan
- Above market vacation entitlement
- The opportunity to live and work in Nova Scotia
This is a great opportunity for an operationally-focused leader to make a mark on Nova Scotia's progressive Dairy Industry.
For further information on the Dairy Farmers of Nova Scotia, visit www.dfns.ca.
DFNS is an Equal Opportunity Employer