STI Technologies Limited is a healthcare technology company that manages patient support programs. We improve access to medications by leveraging available reimbursement funding and innovative technology to engage patients in their own healthcare.
Through technology and with patients at the heart of our innovations, we proudly support the Canadian healthcare system by delivering intelligent financial reimbursement, patient engagement, and patient management solutions to help support positive health outcomes.
Reporting to the VP – Technology, Innovation and Product, the Systems Administrator delivers critical infrastructure while ensuring the high levels of security, availability and performance.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the product owner to plan and execute projects.
- Collaborate with the Software Development team to evolve existing systems and architecture to new platforms and technologies.
- Develop new systems and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Ensure data protection and recoverability for all supported systems.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Identify, analyze and isolate systems and security issues.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Coordinate, and implement network/system security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Manage, reconfigure, monitor and audit Active Directory on a daily basis.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level Desktop and Systems support.
- Broad understanding of systems, products, and processes that allow timely resolution of complex customer and/or business issues.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
What you'll need
- Bachelor Science degree in computer science, engineering or a related area of study, coupled with 3 years of directly related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have the ability to determine system user needs and to provide service excellence in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to apply sound judgment, prioritize work, meet deadlines and have a sense of urgency when meeting user needs.
- Must be self-motivated and collaborative.
- Ability to install, configure, secure and troubleshoot UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Experience in systems administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, JBoxx, Apache, Ruby, NGINX).
- Experience working in a Cloud environment, preferably in AWS.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Docker, Docker Orchestration)
- Experience with systems and security monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Demonstrated scripting abilities (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Microsoft Active Director management and support skills including creating, deleting and modifying user accounts, find tuning DNS, DHCP services, managing GPO-s, securing, maintaining and monitoring Active Director based on security standards.
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practices and demonstrated experience with implementing and operating systems within ITIL framework.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
STI Technologies Limited
STI Technologies Limited (STI) is a healthcare technology company that provides Canadian patients with greater choice and broader access to the best medications and healthcare products.
Through partnerships with Canada's top pharmaceutical companies, we support the health-care system by delivering intelligent reimbursement, patient management and patient engagement solutions that improve health outcomes.
By making our user-friendly solutions available online, and through physicians and pharmacists across Canada, we are the leader in our industry, and have millions of patients who benefit from our programs.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Please include resume and cover letter
- There is a questionnaire that all candidates must complete when submitting their resume.