Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken Robotics is currently recruiting for an enthusiasitc and dedicated team player to join our dynamic IT department as Systems Administrator. We are looking for someone to take on a leading role in administering several areas of the IT infrastructure operating at Kraken Robotics, supporting our Engineering, Services, Science, and Administration groups. You will be involved in all areas of our operations in a global context. This position will be based out of our Mount Pearl, NL, Canada office location.
What you'll do
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), virtual private networks (VPN), and wireless networks (Wi-Fi).
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot network equipment - routers, switches, patch panels, access points, and cabling.
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot systems, both physical and virtual.
- Amazon Web Services and VMWare administration and troubleshooting.
- Build and document IT procedures for network/systems troubleshooting and updates.
- Write technical documents for network and system configurations.
- Provide input on planning for future IT systems and upgrades for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Collaborate with cyber-security leads on changes to networking/computing systems to maintain the security of infrastructure.
- Create, adjust, and maintain user/group settings and permissions.
- Continuously monitor and troubleshoot network and systems stability and performance.
- Occasional after-hours network maintenance tasks as required.
- Resolve system/network related support tickets that have been elevated by our support team.
What you'll need
- Post secondary education in computer science or equivalent, or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of network/systems administration experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to explain complex technical issues in a practical manner.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and independently, when required.
- Experience with SharePoint and other Microsoft 365 productivity tools.
- Experience with VMware or other equivalent virtualization technology.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network equipment such as routers, switches, access points, patch panels and ethernet cabling.
- Experience with the following would be considered additional assets:
- Azure / Microsoft 365 administration
- Netgate pfSense
- Ubiquiti Networking Equipment
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence - which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.