Reporting to the Manager of Logistics & Materials Management the System Support Technician Logistics (SSTL) is a key part of a team that provide all EHS system logistical support requirements; designed to give optimal customer service and patient care. In addition, the SSTL will provide maintenance repair to provincial Paramedic Base Station's and support the management of Regional Paramedic Base Station medical supplies.
Each SSTL is accountable to exercise "highest standards of cleanliness available" in the industry. The Technicians are expected to conduct themselves in a safe and prudent manner. The SSTL's will be largely responsible to ensure all paramedic stations and posts are stocked for medical supplies and equipment as well as ensures all stations are kept in an optimum safe and operational condition at all times in accordance with policies and procedures as stated by EMC and EHS.
As an employee of EMC we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety related initiatives, as well as acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a safe workplace.
On scheduled, rotational basis the SSTL's will be required to work shift work providing mobile support to designated operational regions, as required.
What you'll do
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Operates all system vehicles in accordance with all policies of EMC and EHS.
- Maintains and ensures proper documentation for all EHS supply chain, materials management and facility inspection aspects of the position as directed by the Manager, Logistics & Materials Management.
- Materials Management; ensures all paramedic supply stations including designated hospitals are kept stocked as per established "max" inventory supply levels.
- Inspects paramedic facilities for noted deficiencies and completes light facility repairs as directed.
- Complies with all existing EMC System Support Safe Work Practices (SWP) as well as all other Company policies and procedures.
- Completes required paramedic station facilities repairs which includes but not limited to; station cleaning, painting, yard maintenance, lighting repairs and general maintenance requirements.
- Ensures the Logistics system vehicles are maintained, stocked and in a ready state in accordance to EMC System Support Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Conducts logistic vehicle cleaning required to the vehicle interior or exterior in accordance with proper decontamination policies.
- Conducts on-going cleanliness the Logistic Central Stock facility during scheduled shifts.
- Practices good hygiene and demonstrates socially accepted skills and graces when interacting with vendors, colleagues, paramedics and any member of the general public.
- Performs other such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required or assigned.
- Takes instruction and direction operationally from the Manager, Logistics & Materials Management as well as the SSTL Team Lead.
- May be required to periodically back-fill the Fleet System Support Technician (SST), as required.
What you'll need
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Ability to complete and retain a class 4 Nova Scotia Drivers' License in good standing
- Possesses WHIMIS certification, or a willingness to obtain and maintain
- Possesses Standard First Aid certification, or a willingness to obtain and maintain
Knowledge & Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Displays good decision-making skills and takes initiative
Potential exposure's to contaminated items. Irregular work schedules possibly shift work and overtime as needed.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC)
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services (MHS) that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) Operations division and the Department of Health and Wellness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
EMC falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions) will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or a combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce representing the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, and persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be a part of a high-performing organization, please submit your cover letter and resume. Posting will stay open until the position is filled.
EMC thanks all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.