Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) division and the Department of Health and Wellness. As well, EMC operates TeleHealth 811 Mental Health and Addictions for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians each day. We achieve this through the more than 1,400 employees who work with us including highly trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers and support staff.
Reporting to the Manager of Fleet Services, the System Support Technician (SST) is a key part of the EMC team that provides a well-maintained, safe, effective, and efficient fleet of vehicles; designed to give optimal customer service and patient care. In addition, the SST will provide maintenance repair to provincial Paramedic Base Station's and support the management of Regional Paramedic Base Station medical supplies.
What you'll do
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Completes light mechanical repairs as directed.
- Completes required Ambulance Base Station facilities repairs which include but not limited to; Base Station cleaning, painting, yard maintenance, lighting repairs and general maintenance requirements.
- Ensures all system vehicles based out of the Fleet Center are stocked and in a ready state in accordance with EMC and EHS Fleet Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Conducts all cleaning required to the vehicle interior or exterior in accordance with proper decontamination policies.
- Conducts reasonable ongoing cleanliness of the fleet center during scheduled shifts and at least once a week fleet center deep clean.
- Performs other similar, comparable, or related duties as may be required or assigned.
Will require an element of Fleet on-call duty as per schedule
What you'll need
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Grade 12
- WHMIS an asset
- First Aid an asset
- Good dexterity, good general health, good eyesight, and physical coordination.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Displays good decision-making skills and takes initiative
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC)
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services (MHS) that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) Operations division and the Department of Health and Wellness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
EMC falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions) will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce representing the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, and persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be a part of a high-performing organization, please submit your cover letter and resume. Posting will stay open until position is filled.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.