Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
Support Service Worker includes areas of housekeeping, dietary service and laundry service.
Location: Gables Lodge
260 Church St., Amherst, NS
What you'll do
- Serving meals to residents
- Cleaning dining room after meals
- Dish washing
- Handling special diets
- Preparing snacks
- Working as a part of our team in order to maintain a clean, healthy environment for our clients
- Providing individualized service to each client, ensuring they meet or exceed their expectations
- Ensuring client confidentiality stays enforced
- Housekeeping duties, cleaning resident rooms, washrooms, hallways etc.
- Laundry- sorting folding delivering
- May require stripping/waxing/buffing of floors
- Meeting standards as required by DHW and Dept of Environment
What you'll need
- No experience required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary work environment
- Teamwork and professionalism essential
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours / shifts inclusive of days, weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working with seniors would be an asset
- Food Safety Certificate
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment and plenty of learning opportunities.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $17.5082 per hour (starting)
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed