The Supply Chain Clerk 4 is responsible for the purchase order confirmation and acknowledgement process as well recording, reconciling and coding various expense invoices, and assisting in master data maintenance. This position also provides coverage as required of other clerical functions within Supply Chain.
Opportunities are available for full time and term positions up to 12 months.
What you'll do
- Maintain, update and action all aspects of the purchase order confirmation and acknowledgement process
- Create Inbound deliveries
- Assist with inbound freight scheduling; master data maintenance; customs package verification and receiving report verification
- Prepare, check and reconcile all outbound freight invoices for the Supply Chain Business Unit; assist in reconciliation of inbound freight invoices
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reports applicable to the Supply Chain operation
- Perform all mail-room functions; prepare and organize inbound/outbound head office mail flow
- Monitor procurement inbox and create A6 purchase requisition forms as needed
- Support Supply Chain team objectives by providing coverage as required of other clerical functions and positions within the Supply Chain business unit
- Explain tasks to other employees and assist in the effective training of employees in the business unit as directed
- Develop and maintain professional contacts with transportation companies, the vendor community and other internal and external customers as required
- Keep abreast of policies, procedures and legislation affecting transportation
- Contribute to the development of systems and procedures within the department
- Make recommendations regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of current procedures of this position
- Demonstrate commitment to the NSLC's social responsibility mandate
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace health and safety
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll need
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Grade 12 plus a business certificate or diploma related to Business Administration
- One year experience in a purchasing, distribution or an administration/clerical environment
As the ideal candidate, you will also have:
- Experience working in supply chain and/or transportation or in a shipping and receiving role
- One year of experience in the area of logistics
- Experience, training and knowledge related to the use of both SAP programs and Microsoft Office applications relevant to a business environment
An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered equivalent.
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC)
For over 80 years, the NSLC has been managing the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol in Nova Scotia, returning 100% of its profits to government to help fund key public services. As a true partner in our communities, the NSLC conducts its business with integrity and respect for the environment while supporting the sale of locally produced and bottled products.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Qualified applicants may apply for this position by submitting an application no later than 11:59 pm on February 7, 2020.