At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We're also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Supervisor, Residential Sales
Team and Location: Commercial Sales - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Supervisor, Residential Sales will lead the daily activities of a team of Residential Sales Representatives in the region. The focus of this role is to facilitate communications between the sales team, operations and service to maximize revenue by acquiring/maintaining new accounts as well as retaining existing accounts to maximize growth.
- Coach and mentor a team of Residential Sales Representatives.
- Responsible for achieving annual Sales targets and goals.
- Coordinate activities between Operations and Service.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager to develop and execute a Residential Sales strategy.
- Lead marketing efforts in residential markets to generate new accounts and maintain current customer base.
- Take ownership of all residential business development opportunities including building channel partner book of business, search/create new innovative residential market opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with Regional Service, Operations and Sales Managers to develop new marketing programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 or more years' experience supervising, coaching and mentoring a sales team.
- Experienced in coordinating and organizing territory management.
- Strong communication ability to lead meetings, work with multiple departments.
- Industry and product specific knowledge of distillate and propane an asset.
- Results oriented, good attitude to prospect and identify opportunities for success.
- Experience providing excellent customer service required.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean abstract.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- A flexible group benefit plan that offers health and dental coverage choices to meet the needs of each unique employee. Inclusive of life and disability insurances, Health Care and Lifestyle Spending options, and a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- An employee referral program - earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.