The Summerside Lead will be responsible for the limited administration duties and supporting the Leadership Team with the day-to-day supervision of staff and operation of the gaming floor and food service area. Assist in ensuring that the Gaming Floor operations are managed in a professional manner. Assist in ensuring complete customer satisfaction with the destination experience by constant monitoring of employee interaction with guests & co-workers enabling guests' expectations to be met or exceeded. Contribute to development of a team environment for all employees.
What you'll do
• Lead staff to perform their accountabilities and to generate results.
• Responds to internal and external forces affecting work environment.
• Actively seeks ways to combine efforts to address common challenges and opportunities.
• Develop and build confidence and trust of employees and business partners.
• Transform the function or significantly improve the results of the business unit (outside of predetermined objectives) by demonstrating creativity, continuous improvement and future focused thinking.
• Guides and provides alternative solutions to management in the implementation or administration of strategies, programs and initiatives.
• Demonstrate analytical and proven reasoning and planning skills to solve a range of strategic and practical problems.
• Demonstrate critical thinking, report writing, and presentation skills are all necessary.
• Makes recommendations to management about translating strategic objectives into successfully implemented customer service issues.
What you'll need
• Requires post secondary education or comparable working experience.
• Complete commitment to customer service.
• Development of Supervisory knowledge and skill and/or understanding of people management principles and practices.
• Ability to motivate others, build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges.
• Ability to define operational/function and/or technology processes and/or direct the work performed by others. Demonstrate high accountability for the performance results within area of responsibility.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
A little bit about us
Red Shores Race Track & Casino
We are proud to be the first state-of-the-art entertainment facility in Atlantic Canada which combines Harness Racing, Dining and Gaming all under one roof.
RED SHORES offers a work environment of growth, challenge and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive training; along with competitive salaries, and benefits program.
With more than 250 employees, the RED SHORES workforce is made up of administrative, front line, technical, professional, and management positions located in the heart of Charlottetown and Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
What sets us apart from other employers is our work environment and most important of all…our people.
At RED SHORES you'll have the opportunity to meet and work with people from all aspects and locations of our business - contributing creatively, and knowing you're truly making a difference in our success… and yours!