As a Subject Matter Expert, Aerospace (Pilot) at BTSI, you will apply your knowledge and experience working with Department of National Defence (DND) as a Pilot to primarily support projects for the Royal Canadian Airforce (RCAF) and/or Royal Canadian Navy (RCN). You will be a key contributor analyzing and developing the next generation of RCAF and RCN training.
What you will be doing:
- Work with assigned teammates to develop training products through a process that includes review and research of government and vendor furnished information (GFI/VFI) and other resources.
- Validate learning objectives, locate, and extract data from technical documents, and provide input to teammates on technical subject matter.
- Design and develop training materials for delivery in a state-of-the-art learning environment, including computer-based and instructor-based training, interactive classrooms, mobile applications, and aircrew training devices.
- Interpret manufacturer specifications, documents and associated technical documents to develop training content.
- Review proposed changes to aircraft equipment and requirements and forecasts changes required to training systems and courseware.
- Interpret instructions and assumes responsibility for accuracy and completeness of work produced.
- Expertise with aircraft (both FW and RW) and applicable aircraft related shipboard systems, and aircraft maintenance programs.
- Support courseware verification/validation as required.
- Maintain close communications with Project Management.
- Conduct Quality reviews of all applicable deliverables.
- Support training and courseware proposal development and production.
- Provide inputs for continuous improvement.
What do you need to Succeed?
- Hold or have recently held Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot (Aeroplane or Helicopter) license and an Instrument Rating.
- Have at least 5 years' experience in the RCAF.
- Have 2 years' experience as a Qualified Flight Instructor. (Standards Officer experience would be an asset.) Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills for documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have the ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Show exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with the development and production of live, virtual, and constructive training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documentation.
What's in it for you?
We challenge ourselves to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.