Here we grow again! The University of Fredericton is growing and we are currently seeking dedicated Student Recruitment Advisors to join our team.
Are you motivated by helping others?
Do you believe in lifelong learning?
Are you ready to be a part of an innovative, ever-expanding organization?
If you answered yes to these questions, we're interested in you!
At UFred, we're passionate about helping working professionals achieve their goals through online education, and our Recruitment Team is at the forefront of making that happen. Our Recruiters are made up of supportive, encouraging, collaborative people who are dedicated to helping potential students find programs that help them to achieve their professional and educational goals. Ambitious and enthusiastic, this team is the first point-of-contact for potential students, and they pride themselves on leaving everyone they speak to feeling more informed than before they met.
What you'll do
The ideal candidate for this position will be a dynamic, personable team player who is enthusiastic about helping prospective students reach their educational goals. Working with stakeholders across the organization and reporting to the Student Recruitment Manager, the Student Recruitment Advisor will play a key role in attracting and enrolling qualified students. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with prospective students throughout Canada and internationally, and determining student applicants' eligibility for the University's programs through the evaluation of resumes and student transcripts. The Student Recruitment Advisor will be responsible for data integrity, meeting deadlines and providing exceptional customer-centric service. This person will play a key role in the achievement of the university's student enrollment targets.
The day-to-day of a Recruitment Advisor at UFred:
- Contact potential students for admittance to academic programs in our Sandermoen School of Business, School of Occupational Health and Safety and School of Professional Development
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly and quarterly student enrollment targets
- Provide program-specific information to students via phone and email correspondence
- Advise prospective students on funding options and program and admission requirements
- Pursue qualified candidates for enrolment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon admissions requirements and career goal compatibility
- Liaise within the Student Services and Admissions departments on matters related to student enrollment and admittance.
- Identify, and refer to the appropriate departments and/or person(s), barriers to admission and provides recommendations on how to eliminate those barriers; identifies potential supplementary application needs; e.g. language proficiency tests or education assessments)
- Initiate and maintain contact with applicants about program admission requirements, deadlines, program content, program fees, program funding and application processes
- Manage student objections and provide applicant support throughout the admissions process
- Prepare and delivery monthly online presentations on UFred's programs via Cisco WebEx
- Clean data entry and maintenance of a prospective student database
- Collect and review application documents that include resumes, transcripts, references, professional designations and prior learning assessment or transfer credit applications, for submission to UFred's Admissions Team for formal review
- Conduct research on partner organizations, competition and the higher education industry
Key performance/success indicators include:
- Student applicants experience prompt, knowledgeable guidance and support throughout the inquiry, application and admissions stages
- Student applications are processed efficiently and effectively, meeting defined program deadlines
- Student application records are clear, complete and accurate
- Student application and enrollment volumes are meeting the assigned targets
What you'll need
- Inside sales experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree considered an asset
- Industry knowledge and or experience considered an asset
- Strongly motivated by the need to meet targets and goals
- Extremely well organized and attentive to detail
- Able to work independently and to self-direct daily activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a team player and a relationship builder
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with deadlines and targets
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems
A little bit about us
University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is fully recognized as a degree-granting institution by the Province of New Brunswick. Our mission is to provide our students with an exciting, rewarding and affordable lifelong learning path of professional education, with programs scheduled to accommodate both professional and personal lives.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
In addition to your base compensation, joining the UFred team means you will be part of a rapidly expanding organization. UFred values its employees and ensures they are able to enjoy Wellness and Balance.
Wellness and Balance: UFred employees actively utilize subsidized Health and Vision Care, as well as an RRSP Match program. They spend paid time off with those who are important to them between Christmas and New Years, as well as and on their birthdays. The possibility for flexible work arrangements, and Wellness days are additional benefits enjoyed by our staff.
Hours of work:
This is a permanent full-time position (35 hours), under regular business hours (8:30am - 4:30pm) The position is available in Fredericton, NB, with the ability to work remotely.
Who are we?
The University of Fredericton (UFred) is a fully-online university based out of Fredericton, NB. UFred was founded on the notion that education should be driven by the needs of today's learners. The fully-online, no-residency required model of education that UFred offers is designed specifically for online delivery that is applied and relevant. Learners can begin their UFred journey from a range of starting points depending on their interests, level of education, and professional experience, and can continue along a customized path to fulfil their ultimate learning goals.
The University of Fredericton is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
If this sounds like a team that you're ready to be a part of, please apply before June 23, 2023.
We thank all those who apply!
* Keep in mind that this position could be closed earlier than June 23, 2023 if we receive the maxiumum threshold of applicants for this role.