Date Posted: May 24, 2023
Posting Deadline: June 7, 2023
Department: Student Affairs and Services
Type of Employment: Contract, Full-Time
Salary: $50,500 annually
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Student Employment Initiative Program Lead to join our Student Affairs and Services team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Personal days
- Flexible Workplace
- Professional development
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
- Employee Transit EPass through Halifax Transit
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Manager, Career Services & Employer Engagement, the Student Employment Initiative (SEI) Program Lead will:
- Conduct intake meetings and follow-up appointments with students.
- Answer inquiries about student eligibility, training, and placement possibilities.
- Maintain and contribute to active case management of all students, including up-to-date records of students in the program.
- Gather, analyze, and maintain data and statistical information to elevate effectiveness of services and to identify goals to meet student and program needs.
- Administer employment contracts with employers regarding any possible wage subsidies.
- Maintain employer information in database (Career360).
- Develop job opportunities for SEI program students by conducting outreach work and by establishing and maintaining relationships with businesses, non-for-profit organizations, and community groups.
- Attend local, regional, and national events, such as, networking events and career fairs, etc. and maintains networks with employers and recruiters.
- Develop and deliver workshops on employer related topics (i.e., accessibility hiring, etc.) to campus and community audiences.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Student Employment Initiative Program Lead you will have:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum one year directly related experience.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- An understanding or lived experience of disability and related accommodations .
- Competency essential; Microsoft Office, internet, e-mail.
- Experience with job development an asset.
- Experience with a career management platform an asset
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as Black/African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities and women. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.
Learn more about working at Saint Mary's University here and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!