The Municipality of Kings is one of the fastest growing regions in Nova Scotia and has a diverse blend of urban and rural communities that offers a wonderful quality of life to its residents. The Strategic Projects Specialist will be responsible for the development, management and monitoring of the Municipality of the County of King’s strategic priorities and engagement efforts alongside the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Senior Management Team, and other key stakeholders.
What you'll do
Reporting to and under the direction of the Supervisor of Administration and Human Resources the successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and participate in strategic planning process and implementation activities;
- Assist in the development of operational municipal goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work plans;
- Work with staff to develop or improve existing processes and related procedures that align with the Strategic Plan;
- Manage the administration functions for the senior management team per approved work plans.
- Provide project management for organizational projects;
- Identify departmental/inter-departmental issues, develop alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions to the senior management team;
- Develop, recommend, implement, monitor, and evaluate Community Engagement policies, procedures, and programs (e.g., Action Plan and Community Engagement Strategy);
- Develop staff skills at all levels of the organization to create a culture of engagement;
- Assist departmental managers or designate to plan and implement engagement initiatives; and
- Work with senior management to develop and implement an Employee Engagement Strategy.
What you'll need
Desirable Qualifications for the position include:
- A Bachelor or equivalent level of training/education. Master Degree (MPA, MBA) considered an asset;
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience, preferably in a public sector environment;
- Project management skills and the ability to think strategically;
- Ability to problem solve, think critically/analytically, and lead and influence change;
- Foundations in Public Participation or equivalent; and
- Experience in the field of engagement and change management.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Municipality of The County of Kings
The Municipality of Kings is one of the fastest growing regions in Nova Scotia. It has a unique blend of urban and rural communities and offers a wonderful quality of life to its residents.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a non-unionized position and compensation includes a competitive salary ($53,322 to $61,186) and benefits plan including 3 weeks vacation. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Participation in evening meetings and other related functions will be required. This is a term position with duration of up to one year. Notice of 4 weeks shall be provided if the term is to end before the year.
Please submit a complete application by 4:30 PM Friday, December 15, 2017. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document.
The Municipality of the County of Kings is committed to building and fostering an inclusive and welcoming workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.