Are you an administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you enjoy providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Office Support Assistant to join our Legal Services team in our St. John's office for a full-time permanent position. This position will provide general administration support to our Legal Support Services team ensuring the overall operational needs of the office are met.
What you'll do
As an Office Support Assistant, you will be responsible for:
Legal Support Services
- Document preparation duties including preparation of letters/transcribing documents, scan, print, and making copies;
- Assist with the management of files including opening and closing files;
- Prepare client invoices and expense claims;
- Back-up reception coverage, which includes greeting clients, answering the phone and redirecting calls, managing boardroom bookings and setup; and
- Provide back-up to Legal Assistant(s) during vacations or absences.
- Prioritizing, organizing and preparing volumes of files/documents for printing, scanning and/or copying;
- Performing quality analysis on the images to ensure readability, correct indexing, proper orientation and accessibility;
- Liaise with clients to manage expectations of work assigned, set priorities and clarify instructions, as necessary;
- Troubleshoot issues with photocopiers and other document production equipment including binding machines;
- Frequent moving of items weighing up to 20lbs; and
- Remaining stationary for long periods of time.
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Office/Legal Administration Diploma or related education or transferable administrative experience;
- Exceptional time management; excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan;
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits;
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members.
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team; and,
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
McInnes Cooper is committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive, representative of the communities in which we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through our on-line application process.
As part of the recruitment process, MC will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please contact Amanda Walker at [email protected] or 902.455.8153.