Are you an administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you enjoy providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Office Support Assistant to join our St. John's office for a full-time permanent position. This position will provide general administration support to our Immigration team ensuring the overall operational needs of the office are met.
What you'll do
As an Office Support Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Document preparation and general administration duties;
- File management of documents both in paper and electronic formats;
- Assist with the management of files including opening and closing files;
- Prepare client invoices and expense claims;
- Assist with meeting room preparation and audio visual equipment setup; and,
- Date entry/complete required Forms and any Supplementary Information Pages;
- Correspond and provide support to clients directly;
- Cold calling prospective clients to explain consultation process;
- Portal retrievals from the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada Representative Portal.
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Office/Legal Administration Diploma or related education or transferable administrative experience;
- Exceptional time management; excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan;
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits;
- Health spending account;
- Personal spending account;
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members.
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team; and,
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
Moncton Business Development Coordinator
Moncton, NB, CA
Saint John Business Development Coordinator
Saint John, NB, CA
Fredericton Business Development Coordinator
Fredericton, NB, CA
Halifax Foreclosure Legal Assistant
Halifax, NS, CA
Moncton Bilingual (French) Client Service Assistant
Moncton, NB, CA