Do you care deeply about removing barriers that keep developers from building with freedom and flexibility? Do you relish creating solutions that enable developers to build efficiently and with confidence through better tools, systems, and integrations?
Manifold's mission is to bring the power of cloud services to all developers. We are seeking a leader who will own our ecosystem integration and self-service tools for integration with the Manifold Marketplace-as-a-Service.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Enable a rapidly growing ecosystem of cloud providers to reach new customers through integrated marketplaces in developer communities and platforms.
- Assess our existing ecosystem integration process and evolve it to scale to hundreds of integrations
- Working with our engineering teams, identify, design, and deliver self-service tools
- Represent Manifold in pre-onboarding conversations with providers and can engage meaningfully on business needs of providers as well as answer deep technical questions about the process of integration.
- Scale a marketplace from tens to hundreds of providers
- Figure out how we can improve our existing processes and ensure that people have the right information available to them when they need it
- Personally guide high-touch providers to integrate and begin selling on our marketplace
- Identify and own improvements to our process and products as part of the Product Management organization
We believe empowering you to do the best onboarding possible will help us create the best products.
What you'll do
- Develop a strategy for the expansive growth of a catalog of developer tools and services
- Be the initial point of contact for providers who need help
- Escalate to developers as required
- Track bug reports, requests, and feedback, and help with prioritization related to the provider experience
- Perform usability research as required for fixes, including customer follow-up
- Be the voice of the customer and drive the roadmap for provider onboarding
What you'll need
- Five (5) years experience owning the technical/program delivery of software projects in some capacity
- Empathy and respect for others, with the ability to work calmly in difficult customer situations
- Strong communication skills including attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to talk to customers collaboratively, and convey sometimes complicated instructions in a clear and comprehensible way
- Enough technical experience to be able to recognize configuration and simple code errors you've seen before from other customers and providers, as you gain experience with our product
- Experience as a developer
- Experience with developer tools and cloud services strongly preferred
- Experience working remotely in a global, distributed team
- Experience owning and contributing to internal and external-facing support documentation
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Manifold is helping developer communities and platforms break free from the complexity and heavy lifting required to integrate their favorite tools and services with their existing into a more open, standards-based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
Our partially distributed team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and deeply productive. We're organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including product, software development, and design leaders.