*This posting is located in São José dos Campos/Vitoria. Brazil. Applicants must live in Brazil, and be able to travel within South America*
We are seeking a skilled, enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated forest engineer to join our team as a Solutions Analyst, delivering exceptional value to our customers in South America.
The successful candidate will join Remsoft Ltda (Brazil), a subsidiary company of Remsoft Inc (Canada). You will focus on delivering high-quality professional services to our clients, with an opportunity to expand your skills in the design, implementation, and maintenance of advanced analytics developed on Remsoft modeling optimization solutions for various forest industry segments.
What you'll do
Professional services delivery, development and enhancement of analytics solutions using Remsoft modeling optimization solutions, conducting planning analyses and providing solution support to Remsoft clients in South America.
Tasks also include:
- Preparation and delivery of training workshops (on-site or online)
- Consult with clients to achieve their solution needs
- Scoping and delivery of Enhanced Support Services
- Development of models, automation scripts and full solutions in Remsoft modeling optimization applications
- Acquiring, processing, scrubbing and analysis of forest related data
- Running models and compiling results for inclusion in reports
- Customer solution documentation
- Remain up to date on developments and enhancements of Remsoft products and solutions and how these will impact customers
- Conduct model audit services
- General project services for Remsoft solutions
- Possibility to provide collaborative services with Remsoft Inc (Canada)
- Support sales and marketing initiatives: software capability demonstrations, client needs surveys, case study writing, business case development with customers and full support of Remsoft conferences
What you'll need
- Advanced knowledge in operations research methods applied to forest planning process modeling
- Strong background in forest planning, financial modeling, and asset valuation
- Good foundation in programming logic, geographic information system tools, database design and SQL query skills
- Strong oral communication, writing and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and planning process improvement skills
- Fast learning ability, adaptability, and creativity
- Highly organized, with focus on service quality and delivery time
- Client oriented with strong consulting skills (e.g., active listening, understanding client challenges, etc.)
- B.Sc in Forest Engineering
- Proven experience as forest planning analyst or consultant
- Advanced communication skills in English
- Flexibility to travel
- MSc. degree in Forest Management
- Background as key-user of optimized solutions developed in Remsoft applications (+5 years)
- Advanced communication skills in Spanish
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over a quarter of a century, Remsoft has been the global leader in Optimization Software for Land-Based Asset Management. We've been working with over 150 clients around the globe, spanning 15 countries, to offer optimized planning and scheduling solutions across all land-based and infrastructure sectors. More than half a billion acres of land is managed globally and sustainably through Remsoft's products and services.
We use our technology and expertise to improve the condition and productivity of the world's land-based assets: forests, roads, energy resources and more. We help organizations develop business and environmental sustainability through optimized plans and schedules which enable the allocation of resources to achieve desired outcomes with more profitability, sustainability, mitigated risk, considering constantly shifting variables.
Since our roots are in forestry, we've always been thinking in futures and planning a generation ahead. As forward and future thinkers, this translates not only into profitability, but sustainability. We've been able to achieve this with our technology, talented team and a growing list of partners. We have an expert team with ongoing investment in research and development. We've done it, and we'll continue to do it. We are profitable, sustainable futurists for companies around the world in all sectors.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work and life balance. We welcome diversity and support flexibility. We care about individual well being. We have a tight knit team, unique collaborative leadership, company-wide visibility, and celebrate an annual 'Remsoft Day' holiday, and regular team socials.
Remsoft is passionate about making a difference locally and globally. We contribute, and are committed to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
At Remsoft, we have a collaborative environment where everyone's contribution is valued. Company goals are visible and tracked. Milestones are celebrated.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salaries and benefits at the level of a leading company based in Brazil.